4-2-5 Defense Vs Duke

252cane

All-ACC
They played it a ton. 90 of the 101 defensive snaps they used it. When golden was here even vs spread teams they would not put extra dbs on the field and vs duke they did it **** near the whole game.

They need to play it the rest of the year. Carter looked good at the rover(hybrid s/lb) and bush and jenkins was at safety. This is what we should play or 4-3.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Defense looked pretty darn good until we went prevent at the end of the game and the refs started "giving us the business."

Not sure we have 3 healthy good lbs available so 4-2-5 might be good. Carter hits like a LB anyway. Butch gets here and big hard hitting safeties will be moving to LB anyway. Unless he finds another ST, who could play anywhere. Speed forward will again be the rule. I really think we have the DE for the 4-3 or 4-2.

Not sure we have 3 healthy good lbs available so 4-2-5 might be good. Carter hits like a LB anyway. Butch gets here and big hard hitting safeties will be moving to LB anyway. Unless he finds another ST, who could play anywhere. Speed forward will again be the rule. I really think we have the DE for the 4-3 or 4-2.

That's all we've ever produced in South Florida highschools is 4-3 personnel, kids just don't grow big enough down here to play 34 defensive schemes and its why we don't use it in high school. Fattening kids up to play end or linebacker in a 34 makes no sense because they ultimately loose their speed and agility what made them so good in the first place.

my philosophy on defense is pretty simple. pressure the qb early and often. if you get burned deep so be it. but make sure you hit that qb and make him pay. it doesnt matter if you get a 15 yard penalty you have to send him a message. if you let anyone sit in the pocket with time they will beat you. just ask fsu how they lost to kirby ******* freeman.

Advertisement
seemed we were manning up more too. It's like the coaches felt man to man we should be better than Duke and is less complicated scheme-wise. Let the kids just play without over thinking it.

seemed we were manning up more too. It's like the coaches felt man to man we should be better than Duke and is less complicated scheme-wise. Let the kids just play without over thinking it.

We played man against Duke last year. Its only because D'Onofrio feels like he has a distinct athletic advantage. Too scared of the southern savage.

I've been a proponent of the 4-2-5 all year. Definitely fits our talent the best considering our lack of lb depth.

Advertisement

That's all we've ever produced in South Florida highschools is 4-3 personnel, kids just don't grow big enough down here to play 34 defensive schemes and its why we don't use it in high school. Fattening kids up to play end or linebacker in a 34 makes no sense because they ultimately loose their speed and agility what made them so good in the first place.

Preach it. We have certain DNA and need to play to it - both offense and defense.

my philosophy on defense is pretty simple. pressure the qb early and often. if you get burned deep so be it. but make sure you hit that qb and make him pay. it doesnt matter if you get a 15 yard penalty you have to send him a message. if you let anyone sit in the pocket with time they will beat you. just ask fsu how they lost to kirby ******* freeman.

Channeling you inner Al Davis I See....

But God Dammit... I agree

JC

The defense was still standing up looking at the sidelines while Dorito was fumbling with the play sheets.

We played good on defense but we still went back to his bull**** scheme...

Our defense the last the last 2 drives was put under house arrest by the ACC (All Carolina Conference) Refs. It was the "Zebra Formation" that was killing us.

Advertisement
For you Xs and Os weenies, did we play a 4-2-5/4-3 1 gapping defense? I did see some frog stance now and then but it did not seem to happen much.

You can play aggressive, but don't play stupid. Getting a roughing the passer penalty isn't going to help you win.

my philosophy on defense is pretty simple. pressure the qb early and often. if you get burned deep so be it. but make sure you hit that qb and make him pay. it doesnt matter if you get a 15 yard penalty you have to send him a message. if you let anyone sit in the pocket with time they will beat you. just ask fsu how they lost to kirby ****ing freeman.

Advertisement
For you Xs and Os weenies, did we play a 4-2-5/4-3 1 gapping defense? I did see some frog stance now and then but it did not seem to happen much.
I didn't see much frog stance at all. Looked like we played almost exclusive 1 gap. Even when we had three down lineman and stand up ends they were rushing hard.

our fan base is pure stupid.

we have these iidiots who keep repeating "4-3, speed, rush the passer hands on the ground!!!!"

"aggresive agressive!!!!"

when we get burned deep, tthey will blame the coach or scheme.

our fan base is pure stupid.

we have these iidiots who keep repeating "4-3, speed, rush the passer hands on the ground!!!!"

"aggresive agressive!!!!"

when we get burned deep, tthey will blame the coach or scheme.

Nope, not at all. Most of us want an aggressive defense and will let our stud corners play man on the edge. How many deep balls did Duke hit even with the more aggressive defense? Not many...We also got a bunch of stops and stopped the big chunks because of the changes. I have no problem giving up a deep ball every once in a while if we can get stops more times than not. First you say Rosier is better than Kaaya, now you advocate for a conservative defense? Troll?

Advertisement
Back