3rd down defensive line pass rushers

brock

All-American
Group was VERY effective with Chad Thomas at dt. Even Demetrius Jackson slid inside and was effective.
De Joe Jackson
Dt- Mcintosh/norton/djack
Dt Chad Thomas
De- Trent Harris
They were causing immediate pressure

Advertisement
Quite honestly, seeing that 4 DE lineup last Friday was the culmination of my being.

Do not blitz this ******* kid on Saturday.

That's Chads position at the next level. He lacks edge quickness to be a 4-3 DE think he would be a solid nickel DT or DE in a 3-4.

Quite honestly, seeing that 4 DE lineup last Friday was the culmination of my being.

Do not blitz this ******* kid on Saturday.

I was thinking the same thing. They don't need to blitz with that kind lineup on the DL. I would even mind subbing Norton for some pressure up the middle and command a double-team. Throwing Garvin in there wouldn't hurt my feelings either.

Advertisement
That's Chads position at the next level. He lacks edge quickness to be a 4-3 DE think he would be a solid nickel DT or DE in a 3-4.
Can be like a justin tuck type player in the league in terms of versatility. Chad gets held ALOT when playing on the edge. He’s too fast for the guards in the middle

Can be like a justin tuck type player in the league in terms of versatility. Chad gets held ALOT when playing on the edge. He’s too fast for the guards in the middle

Yeah he is versatile but where I think he can make the most contribution is on the inside whipping guards all day.

Advertisement
Thought it was interesting that McCloud was the LB when they went with this subpackage.

Blackmon is actually pretty serviceable against the blitz. If we do hit em with a blitz, it needs to be with someone like Bandy. I wouldn't risk it with any of the LBers.

Group was VERY effective with Chad Thomas at dt. Even Demetrius Jackson slid inside and was effective.
De Joe Jackson
Dt- Mcintosh/norton/djack
Dt Chad Thomas
De- Trent Harris
They were causing immediate pressure

I would actually take McIntosh out on some of these "NASCAR" packages and insert Bethel. Dont forget that boi can hunt too!

Diaz is going to blitz. His blitz are quite effective because he always overloads. I trust Diaz on this.They played FSU last year. This is not No D who couldn't come up with one key stop in 4 years.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Advertisement
Diaz is going to blitz. His blitz are quite effective because he always overloads. I trust Diaz on this.They played FSU last year. This is not No D who couldn't come up with one key stop in 4 years.

blackman is going to be throwing screens all game long. overload blitz will give them acres of space to run into, especially if they read it and go opposite. unless manny was intentionally giving away our blitz packages in the games we've played already in order to hit fsu with disguised blitzes, that will play into the only real play fsu can run against our defense.

blackman is going to be throwing screens all game long. overload blitz will give them acres of space to run into, especially if they read it and go opposite. unless manny was intentionally giving away our blitz packages in the games we've played already in order to hit fsu with disguised blitzes, that will play into the only real play fsu can run against our defense.
You have to mix it up and confuse him. Sometimes bring only 3. It's knowing what they like to do in situations and knowing the down and distance. As well as things the players can execute effectively

Advertisement

You have to mix it up and confuse him. Sometimes bring only 3. It's knowing what they like to do in situations and knowing the down and distance. As well as things the players can execute effectively

right, but he's worse when teams just cover and get pressure with the front 4. the kid has an accuracy problem and can only make plays on quick throws or if he has less guys in coverage to worry about. let our front 4 eat up the noles' awful line and they will be completely one-dimensional.

Rush 4. Drop everyone else. Confuse the fck out of that burnt stick and let him throw the ball to us. Time for our pass rushers to eat. This is on them. Show you're not an overhyped group. And try not to leave gaping holes in the middle on your way to kill that skinny weasel.

No need to blitz

[TWEET]915578506855305216[/TWEET]

Can somebody send this via Tweet/etc. to Diaz and Richt? Just in case Manny is having wet dreams about blitzing all day. Thanks in advance.

Advertisement
Back