3rd down defensive line pass rushers

They used a lot of odd front against Duke with lots of success. Line up Norton or McIntosh over the center with Thomas on one side as a "3-4 DE" and Djax or Toolbox on the other side with Joe Jax as a stand-up rush end. It really affected the Duke pass protection.

Advertisement
It's pretty simple, young quarterbacks thrive best when they have only 1 or 2 reads to make. FSU screened a ton against Wake and they will do the same if we decide to blitz. Drop everyone, rush 4, and make him read our defense. Vanilla as ****.

Joe Johnson is who we thought Chad Thomas would be.

Glad Thomas is starting to thrive under the new staff. Wish he had more time with them

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

the threat of the blitz creates confusion in the OL... and helps us succeed when we dont blitz

Advertisement
Rush 4. Drop everyone else. Confuse the fck out of that burnt stick and let him throw the ball to us. Time for our pass rushers to eat. This is on them. Show you're not an overhyped group. And try not to leave gaping holes in the middle on your way to kill that skinny weasel.

Burnt stick?............. drExZ_s-200x150.gifI+amused+my+self+too+much+at+that+thought+thought+_3372819bbbd8f5518370d10ca39ffd7f.gif

When Pete reported many weeks ago that we would put our best pass rushers out there (in obvious passing downs) no matter what position they played it excited me. Reminded me of the Giants '11 Super Bowl run with the DE NASCAR front.

Seeing it play out in real has me even more excited.

Not only because it is very effective but also because it is making people shut up (for now) about the supposed DT depth problem we have.

Advertisement
No need to blitz

[TWEET]915578506855305216[/TWEET]

That chart is incredible. Until Blackman proves otherwise, it only makes sense to go with 4 speedsters on the line, take away the screen, and force him to throw into coverage. The DL needs to show they deserve their Day 1 / Day 2 reputation.

Advertisement
Back