#38 in RPI

Advertisement
Two years missing the postseason and a third year where we're fighting off Pitt for a 2-1 series win. That's 2+ years.

You blew it, sport. We were talking about how many years DiMare's mismanagement screwed the program.

Yes.

At home as #1 national seed and 4 first round picks and lost to mediocre Michigan team twice.

You have nothing to sday about it.

But we lose one game to Pittsburgh in March....

Or we lose two home regionals. "Small sample size". Corbin? Choked. Morris? Small sample size.

"But we lose one game to Pittsburgh in March...."

And one game to Columbia, and two games to Florida, and three games to NC State........

But "one game". Keep going, CTCANE.

Advertisement
I was writing fast and made a mistake, but 96.1% versus 98.3% is not keeping me up at night. 2% over the course of a season is miniscule. Could care less!

What concerns me is losing a game in the bottom of the 9th when we were leading by 4 runs.

At UNC, we immediately went up by 3 and our pitching folded. Same thing in the second game at UF. we walk their worst hitter and UF tears the game open.

It is heartening to see Veliz pitch against Pittsburgh's best player, with the bases loaded, and win the game in the bottom of the 9th. Why not focus on how the team "dug in" and won. Did you see that is was snowing? Probably not.

We still play UVA, Duke, BC and VTech, which are the worst teams in the ACC. We have the same record as FSU, but are ~53 slots higher in the RPI. Why? Well...... because we play 4 of the worst teams in the ACC in the latter half of the season, and already played 3 of the 5 best.

We are looking at a 10-game swing in wins this season and a #6 recruiting class...

The gnome guaranteed that we would not make Omaha in 2015 and 2016. Now we have to hear that it was a fluke. The only fluke is that gnome has the ability to spell.
You make it 2 years in a row, it is not a fluke. Only UF did it besides UM those 2 years.

Advertisement
Two years missing the postseason and a third year where we're fighting off Pitt for a 2-1 series win. That's 2+ years.

Again, more intellectual dishonesty.

When we won a lot in the regular season, you said that it didn't matter.

But we lose one game to Pittsburgh and the swoon continues.

Nothing that you say or do surprises me.

5-7, tied for 9th place in the ACC = "we lose one game to Pittsburgh in March...."

Entire seasons less 2 games didn't matter and meant nothing but now 40% of the ACC schedule is super important and indicative of something.

You're not even trying to be honest in the least bit.

Advertisement
Entire seasons less 2 games didn't matter and meant nothing but now 40% of the ACC schedule is super important and indicative of something.

You're not even trying to be honest in the least bit.

Kind of like how regular season accomplishments meant something but losing a home regional was a "small sample size". Now you're not concerned about the regular season. That fits.

Advertisement
At our low point during 2018, UM's record was 17-25, and we ended the season at 28-26, which implies a record of 11-1 during May. During 2017, the team's nadir was 15-19 and they finished the season 16-8.

With the addition of the new coach, I do believe that the coaching on this team is elite. UM's teams always seem to markedly improve during the latter half of the season, which makes me optimistic that they will be able to finish the season with 36 wins and a berth in a Regional.

Advertisement
Back