330 ABC

Advertisement
HUGE game.

i'm usually the one who rolls my eyes when people say this but this has all the makings of a let down game

1) run D is terrible
2) physical emotional game (we typically do poorly after FSU, hopefully thats because in the past we were losing that game)
3)GT had extra week to prepare, was on bye
4) walton, AR, and donaldson hurt

Richt getting them up for this game will be big and will really show what this team is made of

HUGE game.

i'm usually the one who rolls my eyes when people say this but this has all the makings of a let down game

1) run D is terrible
2) physical emotional game (we typically do poorly after FSU, hopefully thats because in the past we were losing that game)

Richt getting them up for this game will be big and will really show what this team is made of

You make valid points, but I think our run defense isn't so bad with the occasionally lapse of 1 lb or safety taking the wrong angle. Against gt we can just stack the box and hope they don't air for much.

Advertisement
HUGE game.

1) run D is terrible

Ahmmon looked fine in the videos after the game and I don’t know why he didn’t play or why people are assuming he got hurt...did they call targeting on the block?

HUGE game.

1) run D is terrible

Ahmmon looked fine in the videos after the game and I don’t know why he didn’t play or why people are assuming he got hurt...did they call targeting on the block?

He didn't look like the AR I'm used to. Maybe conditioning.

HUGE game.

1) run D is terrible

I offer the following to the contrary:

1) Defense had to guard against the run and pass last game (and yes, they played like crap against the run).
2) This is the same ole tired JV triple option that we play against each year. The core of our defense has seen this O 1-3 times in the past
3) Richt doesn't lose to GT
4) We beat FSpoopoo, finally

HUGE game.

1) run D is terrible

Doesn't really matter though. Their defense is 10x's worse than ours.

Advertisement
HUGE game.

1) run D is terrible

Their D has been pretty **** good this year. 9th in the nation (filtered vs D1 opps) at 283.7 ypg.

We are currently 58th at 394 ypg

Anybody who thinks this will be a cakewalk just doesn't truely understand the game.

Anybody who thinks this will be a cakewalk just doesn't truely understand the game.

+10000 this game is actually far more important than the fsu game. All the emotion that we attach to the fsu game is wasted energy. This game and the vt game are going to determine if we win the Coastal, not the fsu game.

The three biggest problems are our horrid safeties against a great option qb, gt's improved defense against our hobbled offense, and the let down effect. I pray to God that we don't do any of that fan "blackout" nonsense - those things always end up with the home team getting egg on their faces.

Advertisement
Canes are wearing green jerseys/white pants.....no blackout on Sat.

Wana see Shaq pull his boys together and the LBs go out and make a f*cking statement...

Tech is the perfect game for it, we'll need them too.

Advertisement
LB's need to start playing like they did last year. They know what they're doing wrong. Richt might not do much day to day with the defense, but he knows they were getting gashed by FSU's running backs. I didn't like how they defended GT last year. Whatever he was doing, wasn't working. They had 267 yards rushing last year. The difference in the game was two defensive TD's. Otherwise, GT outgained Miami. I'm not saying Miami shouldn't win, but this is the kind of game that they've lost the last 10-15 years, instead of taking care of business. For once, instead of coming off a huge loss, it's coming off a win against FSU. Now, they need to clean up the mistakes they've been making. McCloud needs to quit going for kill shots and start wrapping up. This is the game where discipline is everything. All it takes is one guy freelancing, and GT breaks one for a TD.

HUGE game.

1) run D is terrible

Their D has been pretty **** good this year. 9th in the nation (filtered vs D1 opps) at 283.7 ypg.

We are currently 58th at 394 ypg

Their D doesn't pass the eye test. I mean Tennessee scored 40 on them. Also, the played UNC and UNC can't score at all. They played Pitt, yep that juggernaut known as Pitt. Jacksonville State (ohh I'm so scared). The on test they would've had (UCF) got cancelled. If you're gonna throw stats out there then put the teams they played with it. As a matter of fact, i'm certain that each of those teams had gotten waxed by other programs right before they played GT.

Last edited:

+10000 this game is actually far more important than the fsu game. All the emotion that we attach to the fsu game is wasted energy. This game and the vt game are going to determine if we win the Coastal, not the fsu game.

The three biggest problems are our horrid safeties against a great option qb, gt's improved defense against our hobbled offense, and the let down effect. I pray to God that we don't do any of that fan "blackout" nonsense - those things always end up with the home team getting egg on their faces.

No.

The issue our run d had against FSU was that guys were overly aggressive and didn't play contain. The LBs would go right at the line and then Cam/Patrick would bounce out into open field. It was just a little too undisciplined and too aggressive. I think that's a relatively easy fix. GT won't be a cupcake, but I trust this team to be prepared. Play your assignments and get up early and you win. Also, you go and watch all the post-game interviews, every player will say "yeah this was a good win against FSU, but our goal is the Coastal." They've got their minds right, I don't expect a hangover this week, if that ends up being the case, then that's on coaching.

Advertisement
Back