3200 yds, 26TD 12 Int, 58% Comp

Canemang

Senior
Banned
Can Perry/Sherrifs/Rosier put up the same #'s as Kaaya's freshman year? If so, Miami is winning a lot of games.

Year G Cmp Att Pct Yds Y/A Y/A TD Int Rate
2014 13 221 378 58.5 3198 8.5 8.4 26 12 145.9

Duke
Dorsett
Scott
Waters
Coley
Walford

Walton
Richards
Mullins
Cager
Berrios
Freshman (3)
Herndon

Advertisement
Honestly that would be a lot to expect.

Even if Perry wins the job and plays as expected, those are not easy numbers for a freshman to total.

I can see Perry maybe having something like 2200 yds, 14td 7int, 61% completions

Can Perry/Sherrifs/Rosier put up the same #'s as Kaaya's freshman year? If so, Miami is winning a lot of games.

Year G Cmp Att Pct Yds Y/A Y/A TD Int Rate
2014 13 221 378 58.5 3198 8.5 8.4 26 12 145.9

Duke
Dorsett
Scott
Waters
Coley
Walford

Walton
Richards
Mullins
Cager
Berrios
Freshman (3)
Herndon

That kind of production would make this a very fun year.

First, I'm really hoping Allison gets his **** together and becomes the starter. What I fully expect is to see 2 or 3 guys take snaps this year.

I'm not saying it won't happen, but to expect Perry to beat out the guys in campus today is unrealistic. Look at Cade Weldon, he has been here since Jan 1, has had strong QB coaching since HS and is still struggling. Through the first 4 games it will be QB play by committee. Rosier will drop to 2 or 3 but still have options plays each game

Advertisement
Those numbers will be tough for anyone on the roster to replicate. Maybe a higher completion percentage as Richt's offense has a lot more short passes and screens than Coley's but if any of these QBs throws for over 3000 yards and 25 TDs, we should be very pleasantly surprised.

Let me get this straight.. y'all wanted Kaaya gone but now y'all hoping for someone who can produce like him. Mind blown.

Advertisement
Football is a team sport. In college, the only stats that matter are wins and losses.

You are referring to individual statistics which seemed to be Kaaya's main goal here. He was more focused on staying healthy and improving his NFL draft grade than winning championships.

Advertisement
Football is a team sport. In college, the only stats that matter are wins and losses.

You are referring to individual statistics which seemed to be Kaaya's main goal here. He was more focused on staying healthy and improving his NFL draft grade than winning championships.

BS!!!!!!

That team also had 13 draft picks on it with 9 going in the 4 rounds in the next 2 years after

The defense has about 7 future draft picks on there but the only two that for sure are going to draft on offense is probably Herndon and Richards

Last edited:

even if true and i don't think it is, if our QB's don't throw and run for more td's than they throw ints (by a good amount), its going to be a long season on offense.

Advertisement
Let me get this straight.. y'all wanted Kaaya gone but now y'all hoping for someone who can produce like him. Mind blown.

I think we can all agree that Kaaya outperformed expectations of a freshman... but then didn't take the leap we all thought he would make from year to year. Injury his sophomore year and terrible O-line play and his inability to remember his feet are also a tool in his junior year were the issue.

If we can get the same production from any of our QBs that Kaaya provided his freshman year, coupled with our nasty defense, and competent coaching, then it should make for a fun year. If you toss on top of that that our 2017 starting QB should ideally progress with an additional year under Richt, then we can hope to return to the championship landscape.

That team also had 13 draft picks on it with 9 going in the 4 rounds in the next 2 years after

The defense has about 7 future draft picks on there but the only two that for sure are going to draft on offense is probably Herndon and Richards

I'd add Walton to that list... and a couple of the incoming receivers.

I'd add Walton to that list... and a couple of the incoming receivers.

How the **** are you going to add a few incoming receivers onto that list when you haven't even seen them play a snap of CFB??

And sorry to break your heart but saying Mark Walton is going to be drafted means your saying he's a top 20 back in CFB and he definitely has not proven himself to be one.

Some of y'all need to take off your shades and be fuggin realistic....

Advertisement
Back