30 for 30

Advertisement
college football celebration GIF

Advertisement
Advertisement
They've been showing strangely edited versions lately which, for whatever reason, just aren't as cool as the originals. Good stuff is left out, and it messes up the pacing.

Advertisement
I have a question about Part II of the U (30 for 30). I remember watching and the coaches and players who were interviewed all claimed that the team was horrible the first year that Butch took over. But I don't remember that. Wasn't the team top 25 the two years Butch took over?

Man that UCLA game reminds me of this year's game against Alabama if we can do what we did against UCLA against Alabama this season..
oh boy what a season we'll have in store..🙌🏾

I have a question about Part II of the U (30 for 30). I remember watching and the coaches and players who were interviewed all claimed that the team was horrible the first year that Butch took over. But I don't remember that. Wasn't the team top 25 the two years Butch took over?
Butch’s first team in 1995 started 1-3 but finished 8-3 with a seven-game win streak. I think they ended with a rank at 20, or 25. The bowl game was forfeited as part of the NCAA sanctions. The team wasn’t up to previous Miami standards, and that’s horrible to most.

Attrition and reduced scholarships resulted in a rock bottom 5-6 record in 1997.

Advertisement

The program was falling apart at the seems that next year. They might have ended on a decent note but it was clear the next couple years were going to be brutal

Butch’s first team in 1995 started 1-3 but finished 8-3 with a seven-game win streak. I think they ended with a rank at 20, or 25. The bowl game was forfeited as part of the NCAA sanctions. The team wasn’t up to previous Miami standards, and that’s horrible to most.

Attrition and reduced scholarships resulted in a rock bottom 5-6 record in 1997.
I understand. But they said “we STUNK”.

I understand. But they said “we STUNK”.
Compared to the standard of past teams, they did. The 1995 team was blown out by UCLA and FSU, and lost for the first time to VT. The win in that 1-3 start was against FAMU. They also sneaked by Pittsbugh, BC, and West Virginia, teams they would usually rout in past seasons.

The 1996 team finished 9-3 and 14th, blown out by FSU and East Carolina, and lost again to VT, this time at home. First home Big East loss, IIRC.

Another team not up to past 12-0, 11-1 Top 5 standards.

Honestly I wonder how a school supported by wealth city folk would let a group of country hicks create programs better organized and ran than city slickers. Best talent within 50 miles than any school and our Boosters and Alumni let a bunch of country boys make us look like idiots.
Maybe because the country boys aren’t as dumb as you think they are.

Advertisement
Back