3 years

Advertisement
This is the result of the disaster that was Shannon!!! Over the next few years you will see the impact the the U will have in the draft.

Give me one guy in this Sr. class that Al "failed" to develop as a first round pick?

Again you aren't understanding the point. We don't know who would have developed. But when your school is consistently failing to produce first rounders from a crop of players that other schools pump out into first rounders, statistically it is impossible that three different staffs just happen to be "unlucky" when it comes to who ends up being a good player.

This idea that every other school is guessing write in recruiting, including the lower rated kids, and we are constantly guessing wrong, is LAUGHABLE.

Here's the better question: what senior did Al Golden DEVELOP?

Obviously, Kacy Rogers, AJ Highsmith, Curtis Porter, Shayon Green and Jimmy Gaines.

We know these guys were first round potential until Golden's staff got their hands on them.

Of course, Seantrel Henderson would have been first round had Kehoe not got his mitts into him, making him a head case, a kid who thought his hairstylist was more important than a visit from a college head coach and a guy who apparently was not really into football. I think another coach could have fixed all that, including going back in time to drag him out of the hair salon so he could keep an appointment with an important visitor. Golden is not a time traveler, did not hire any for his staff, and has no one who can go back in time to help raise Seantrel right, and to hand out cigars back in 1999 while that Kahlil kid from Buffalo was about to be born.

The fact Al did not hire any neocons to his staff so we had a scapegoat to blame is a factor in Al's favor, along with the fact GWBush was not on his staff. If somebody had hired Condoleeza Rice (who always wanted to be NFL commissioner) as athletic director, we obviously would been able to blame **** Cheney.

Al has been able to dodge a bullet, even though he failed to develop the can't miss first round talent on the team (the guys I mentioned). Imagine, it could have been a lot worse--he could be blamed for 9/11, which as we all know, was an inside job.

Linder the highest drafted cane OL since O Franklin in 2011 2nd round. Kehoe, Kehoe Kehoe. "We need stability on the staff" -Al
No Al you need coaches that can develop and recruit, not guys that are just happy to be back with a 2nd chance

3 players drafted total, 2 OL and P. That is FCS level Al. 1 transfer, 1 top high school player and 1 player from top HS team in country. ZERO development!!!!!!!!!

Advertisement
The idea that we can blame al cause we had 3 players drafted is Idiotic. There isn't a development problem it's playing with heart and consistency. The coach you love bashing took bums in the light of a scandal with the NCAA that he was blindsided with and has improved every season. You guys are still on this development BS. It WILL get better. Kids bolted cause they didn't want to deal with the **** from the ncaa so they avoided it. Now we can get back to football and football the right way.

The idea that we can blame al cause we had 3 players drafted is Idiotic. There isn't a development problem it's playing with heart and consistency. The coach you love bashing took bums in the light of a scandal with the NCAA that he was blindsided with and has improved every season. You guys are still on this development BS. It WILL get better. Kids bolted cause they didn't want to deal with the **** from the ncaa so they avoided it. Now we can get back to football and football the right way.

Which good player that had a chance to make an impact bolted besides Storm?
Explain how players with Al and the same staff for the majority of their college career were not put in a position to be drafted. I'm all ears

Explain how players with Al and the same staff for the majority of their college career were not put in a position to be drafted. I'm all ears

Bolted was meant in the sense of people who play football in Miami/ considered Miami that go to other schools. TONS of FL kids were drafted today

Tell me which senior had NFL potential that didn't get drafted. Kacy Rogers? Fringe UFA player, I don't care if Bear Bryant was coaching him up. Shayon Greene? I personally thought that Golden and Co. Squeezed everything he could out of a 6th or 7th rounder BEFORE two knee surgeries. Hurns had a great senior year and improved steadily throughout his last two years -- he should have been a 5th or 6th rounder and I think the NFL is making a mistake not drafting him, but let's be real ... He just doesn't have the raw athletic ability to be a 1st day pick and that's not in Golden.

I mean, what seniors did you feel had the ability to be NFL. Players that were not developed ?

Now, if two years from now we still haven't had any 1st rounders then I'm right there with you. Flowers, Coley, maybe Perryman, Gray all have top 2 round raw talent.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back