3-star OT James picks up UM offer today, talks Canes

View as article

Stefan Adams

Managing Editor
Premium
The search for talent on the offensive line has brought the Canes all over the southeast and, today, UM hopes they have unearthed another potential gem. 2019 North Forsyth (GA) 3-star OT Jeremy James received an offer from Stacy Searels and the Canes earlier this morning and he took some time to discuss what that meant to him.

“I found out on the phone with Coach Searels today,” James said. “I was extremely excited. It’s crazy to think I have an offer from the U.”

The relationship between the Canes and James is in its earliest stages right now, with coach Searels only just making contact when he came to visit James at a North Forsyth practice a few weeks back. Searels also sees James as a tackle at the next level.

“I actually hadn’t talked to anyone from Miami until coach Searels came out to one of my spring practices a few weeks ago,” James said. “So, we have only texted and been on the phone a few times. Right now, he’s looking at me at tackle.”

Despite the only recent uptick in interest from Miami’s end, James claims his interest couldn’t be much higher in UM.

“My interest is very high,” James said. “Coach (Mark) Richt, and just everything about the U is what has me interested. It’s just a very special place.”

And it’s not just the coaching staff that James has a connection with at Miami: he played youth league football with rising sophomore running back DeeJay Dallas in Georgia as a kid. Dallas has already shouted James out on Twitter since the offer and James could see himself playing with Dallas again.

“We played football together when we were 11 and 12,” James said on Dallas. “He’s a good guy. Easy to get along with.”

While he’s not naming a leader yet, James does list the programs he is hearing from the most right now.

“Hearing from Nebraska, Georgia, Ole Miss, NC State the most,” said James. “Miami is right up there with my top schools.”

The 6’5” 315 pounder has already scheduled a visit to UM for early next month and it will take place right after two trips to SEC schools.

“I’ll be down there on (June) 9th,” said James on his Miami visit. “I’m also going to Georgia on the 5th and Florida on the 8th.”

After taking his visits this summer, James believes he’ll be ready to make a commitment soon after this fall. In the end, the school that will win him over will provide an attractive campus, supportive fans, and a great coaching staff.

“It’s going to be this fall,” James said on his decision timeline. “Just looking for good relationships with coaches, nice campus, and a good fan base.”

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back