3-Star Edge Rusher Cole McConathy Commits to Miami

View as article
Advertisement
He suffered because we fattened him up to play him inside where he didn't belong. We would have been much better if we played him outside. But I digress.
Kid played in the league with the Steelers and here we have Cane fans being themselves.

You're absolutely correct but don't let them get in the way.

look like auburn sniffed around on him..but they just flipped the gators big time edge guy so id say thats why they are out the loop.
Not sure if he is a bama scheme fit i think they 2 gap alot
You are correct. They do. He's an outside backer in their scheme. Not big enough to play DE there.

I thought he was cuban.

If so...I'm sure his grandma looks like Celia Cruz
Remember the Dave Chapelle show episode where they had the race draft? Chinese drafted the Wu Tang Clan, whites got Tiger Woods...

With our second round pick, (not televised) we, the Whites drafted all Cubans. So, you're both right. 🤣 GO CANES

Advertisement
Hubbard was a Top247 4-star ATH
Hendrickson was a 2-star gem like Khalil Mack

Hopefully he’ll be our Hendrickson & be a very pleasant surprise where he’s an under the radar beast.
**** 247 changed their ranking on him bc I remember when Miami was recruiting him he was ranked 1000 and listed as a safety but was a top lacrosse recruit

Sam Hubbard low 3 star and Henderson same DL in nfl don’t be scared of this take

I agree the take is a good one. But let's not fool ourselves into thinking we're getting a Dylan Stewart or Colin Simmons. IMO, he's underrated and should be a low 4-star. But he's not a Top 100 kid no matter how you slice it.

Why wouldn’t you like this ?

Produces at a high level against very good competition.

Prototypical size / length for De.

Bloodline. His dad was All State and a power five player.

Plays with power and leverage while having a very good get off.

Other than Lightfoot I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s playing before our other guys in this class. This isn’t some reach or stab in the dark for a raw prospect that has potential down the road.

On top of that a former NFL pro bowler saw him wreck shop in person and passed him on to coach Stroud. Who also has a great reputation finding gems the last twenty five years , Including a former under recruited safety G Rousseau.

Advertisement

Other than Lightfoot I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s playing before our other guys in this class. This isn’t some reach or stab in the dark for a raw prospect that has potential down the road.

On top of that a former NFL pro bowler saw him wreck shop in person and passed him on to coach Stroud. Who also has a great reputation finding gems the last twenty five years , Including a former under recruited safety G Rousseau.
Like his tape so not trying to mope, is Region 1 considered good ball now? I know Saraland and his school Spanish Fort are good, but I feel like that used to be fairly mediocre. But I haven’t kept up with Alabama high school ball since I got the **** out of there, and Baldwin County on the whole has exploded recently.

Like his tape so not trying to mope, is Region 1 considered good ball now? I know Saraland and his school Spanish Fort are good, but I feel like that used to be fairly mediocre. But I haven’t kept up with Alabama high school ball since I got the **** out of there, and Baldwin County on the whole has exploded recently.
I was told it’s the best region in 6A

Advertisement
I agree the take is a good one. But let's not fool ourselves into thinking we're getting a Dylan Stewart or Colin Simmons. IMO, he's underrated and should be a low 4-star. But he's not a Top 100 kid no matter how you slice it.
No we’re not if I had to pick a 5* I would pick CB or DT over edge at this point. Only bc edge looks really good doesn’t have the 5* name but we have some dudes

Advertisement

Fax

Freak show type production with a big frame huge get here, massive
He's pretty darn quick for a guy 6'5". He's got the tools, and looks like some smarts as well. Looks well coached. I like the potential with this one.

Advertisement
Back