3-Star Edge Rusher Cole McConathy Commits to Miami

Cole had 5.5 sacks against Pike Road. He has 63 career sacks ( All time Alabama leader)

Freshman - 1.5 sacks (back up Qb)
Sophomore - 14.5 sacks
Junior - 22.5 sacks
Senior - 24.5 sacks
This just raises a very fair question: if he’s this big and setting all time state records, there’s no way Bama and Auburn don’t know about him, so why hasn’t either offered. Some said scheme for Bama, whatever…Auburn is worse than we are though, so why no interest there?

Advertisement
This just raises a very fair question: if he’s this big and setting all time state records, there’s no way Bama and Auburn don’t know about him, so why hasn’t either offered. Some said scheme for Bama, whatever…Auburn is worse than we are though, so why no interest there?

Maybe they have Lindsey and Walker ahead of him and know they need to win now so they are going to the portal route.

As for Bama, they got better prospects and targets than this kid. I would be more surprised why Ole Miss, Miss St and teams like that aren’t after him. Will be fun to revisit in a few years and see if he ever contributes.

Why did Stan Clark leave the state and go to Louisville?

Advertisement
Advertisement
I think we are asking different questions, no? We actually wanted Clark, he just turned us down. I'm asking why Auburn doesn't seem to want this kid.
Not exactly. We slow played him for 2 cycles. Showed very little interest and viewed him as a back up plan to quite a few at his same position until late in his senior year. By that point (rightfully so) he was over the idea of staying home.

He’s playing year 1 and will be a beast

I’m clearly in a very small minority here as I don’t see a high ceiling. And with our other starters I don’t expect him to see the field much in 2024.

Not against this take. His production alone says he’ll be at worst a Flagg type for us. But beast, especially as a freshman? I hope to be shocked.

Advertisement
I’m clearly in a very small minority here as I don’t see a high ceiling. And with our other starters I don’t expect him to see the field much in 2024.

Not against this take. His production alone says he’ll be at worst a Flagg type for us. But beast, especially as a freshman? I hope to be shocked.
I’m super high on this kid if he adds 20 to 30lbs he’s playing imo. I was so tired of teams running outside to Harvey side. JH was limited so when he disengaged and ran forward the sideline the opposing rb had to much space because of our DE lack of speed. Then if u have CF and him chasing the rb was going to get a chunk play. With this kid there will be less space there and faster backers it will be cleaned up. I’m surprised he’s being overlooked by the in state schools they will regret that.

I’m super high on this kid if he adds 20 to 30lbs he’s playing imo. I was so tired of teams running outside to Harvey side. JH was limited so when he disengaged and ran forward the sideline the opposing rb had to much space because of our DE lack of speed. Then if u have CF and him chasing the rb was going to get a chunk play. With this kid there will be less space there and faster backers it will be cleaned up. I’m surprised he’s being overlooked by the in state schools they will regret that.

Do you think he’s faster than Harvey then? If so that’s good news. His burst and sprint speed are two of my question marks.

God bless Flagg but seeing him a step behind the ball carrier was so deflating as a fan.

Advertisement
it has been stated numerous times in this same thread.

Scheme fit with Bama (higher priorities)

Auburn landed their edges and then flipped from uf one of the best edges in the country...had they likely not flipped himt hey may have been on him.

I dont know why it matters if bama or auburn recruited him though unless u need to trust them over your own evals.

Based on all the White Defensive Ends in the NFL I'm willing to mark this dude as a future NFL DPOY. Can't wait for him to be a Cane.

Advertisement
Back