3-Star Edge Rusher Cole McConathy Commits to Miami

Advertisement
I’m clearly in a very small minority here as I don’t see a high ceiling. And with our other starters I don’t expect him to see the field much in 2024.

Not against this take. His production alone says he’ll be at worst a Flagg type for us. But beast, especially as a freshman? I hope to be shocked.
Flagg didn't have the measurables despite the production

it has been stated numerous times in this same thread.

Scheme fit with Bama (higher priorities)

Auburn landed their edges and then flipped from uf one of the best edges in the country...had they likely not flipped himt hey may have been on him.

I dont know why it matters if bama or auburn recruited him though unless u need to trust them over your own evals.
Missed the post about Auburn.

Listen man, we've been burnt too many times trying to be the smartest guy in the room. Maybe he's the next Chase Young (see what I did there) but we've spent years and years getting burnt talking ourselves into guys from these SEC states that the in state schools don't want, and then we're annoyed when they don't work out. I think we could all justify asking the question at least.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I was listening to Ariz' podcast with him just now. Kid fits Mario's mold. He's smart and articulate. Said the reason he plays with a high motor is because he plays every play like its his last. I think he'll be a good leader in the locker. He'll be an early enrollee.

I was a little meh about his junior film, which is what was posted in this thread's OP. Couldn't understand all the fuss on here about him. So I went to check it out again on HUDL where I saw they have his senior year mid-season highlights. Those show several plays where he shows a LOT more burst than his Junior film showed. Still lots of hustle sacks and TFLs, and he is raw with his technique. But I underestimated his ceiling. Kid is the goods. Happy he's a Cane.

p.s. Nothing that we don't already know. But McConathy noted that Mario's staff had much more attention to detail than any other program that recruited him, including Bama and Auburn. Nice to have real professionals running the operation finally.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Yeah I still dont get it. No Auburn offer at least? I know we let kids sneak out of South Florida sometimes but there are so many premier kids in the area that you cant possibly get them all...But for us to sneak this kid out of Alabama (2nd time we have btw; Anez Cooper) is very lucky on our part. Seems like he is going to be a stud. Bain has taught us dominating in HS at the highest level does count for something.

Advertisement
Back