3-Star Edge Rusher Cole McConathy Commits to Miami

View as article
Advertisement
Advertisement
Also, remember where you heard this name six weeks ago. We like to be free and first.

IMG_0970.gif

Kudos

It blows my mind the amount of problem that think they are legit scouts in this thread.

“Watch his tape” is the dumbest response ever. Bruh, you’re an accountant. You don’t know anything about scouting.
You bite your tongue I moonlight as a player personnel guy for the Cowboys, I just keep my day job because I'm built different.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Look, if this kid was the only DE in our recruiting class I'd be concerned but he's not and I'm not against a coach who wants to take a flyer after he locked in a couple of elite guys.

Exactly. These are the types of evaluations you want to see, at a position where the team's recruited good enough to permit that sort of flexibility. At DE, UM has Lightfoot (4*, No. 59 recruit) and Rudolph (4* No. 321) committed. If the staff wants to bring in a 3* DE commit ranked just outside the top 1000, but with plus size, production, and traits, that's a great move and I applaud the effort.

The issue arises when the top or majority of a position group consist of straight "evalz". The current class is made up of multiple position groups (QB, OT, IOL, DT, LB, CB) where it's all or mostly those types of 3* "evaluations". Taking out the Kicker (they're never more than a 3*), we've got 15/25 3* commits for 2024. In the last 15 years or so of college football, teams aren't winning with a 40% blue-chip class.

Hopefully, we win out to finish 8-4, ease some concerns about the offense in the process, gain momentum on the trail (both HS and in the portal), close with a handful of blue chips at some of these positions, and we can simultaneously "stop communicating" with some of the more questionable takes in the class. As far as I can tell, that's the only logical path for a Top 7/8 class (and a more respectable average rating per recruit).

It blows my mind the amount of problem that think they are legit scouts in this thread.

“Watch his tape” is the dumbest response ever. Bruh, you’re an accountant. You don’t know anything about scouting.
“Watch the tape” = “I am parroting someone else’s thoughts and have no logical defense”

Same reason why Miami didn't recruit Tutu Atwell or Michael Pratt (to name a few).

Look, if this kid was the only DE in our recruiting class I'd be concerned but he's not and I'm not against a coach who wants to take a flyer after he locked in a couple of elite guys.
If you’re going to take a “flyer” (not exactly how I would describe this but let’s not split hairs) then take a kid with elite production

Can’t stand the **** where coaches try to show how smart they are with diamonds in the rough. If they can’t produce in high school why would they in college?

Anyway…rant over. Kid produces for sure

Advertisement
Same reason why Miami didn't recruit Tutu Atwell or Michael Pratt (to name a few).

a flyer?

seriously?

tell me you never played and coached college football without telling me you never played and coached college football.

a flyer?

seriously?

tell me you never played and coached college football without telling me you never played and coached college football.
I never did and I don’t know your language very well, I misspoke probably. I was defending the kid and the take.

Guidry might just buy Mario some more time. Much easier to get lucky one of these seasons if your defense is elite 👀
That’s Mario’s blueprint for success: Follow the Ed Orgeron plan. Assemble top talent, put strong OC’s in place to run their units with little intervention, and then steal a hungry, quality QB from the portal.

Give the OCs the keys to the car and let them steer and just be ready on command to put gas in the tank.

Advertisement
Back