3-Star Edge Rusher Cole McConathy Commits to Miami

View as article
Advertisement
Advertisement
Bain was a 4 star. Some people said a tweener. Show me a better freshman in the country. Stars dont mean everything.

Bain was ranked in the top 75 recruits. He should have been in the top 25, sure, but it's not like he was a 3* outside the top 1000.

That said, every recruit should be evaluated independently (not just based on stars). McConathy has elite HS production, good size, and good film. Nasty first step, strong hands, striker, and seems to have a great 10 yard burst. He's not a finished product, but there are plenty of great traits to mold. Ranking him out of the top 1000 seems like a serious oversight.

Advertisement
I like this commit

Just seems like the type of player everyone will like and despite Mario's flaws he is compiling rush ends and OL

Im still holding out Miami still lands Blount

It concerns me when the in state schools aren't in the mix. Is he a flip risk if they start talking to him?
Agreed. Especially a kid at this classification with this production. Impossible for him to fly under the radar, especially to the in state schools. Really curious why he has no real interest from not only Bama/Auburn but even Ole Miss/MSU/Ark/Tenn/SCar etc haven't offered him.

@Dwinstitles You don't judge based on the big in state schools letting a kid leave anymore? You use to pound the table when Bama, Auburn, or UGA let a kid leave the state without putting up a fight, saying that was a bad sign.

SN: I love the film and think this kid will be a problem after S&C, coupled with the energy he plays with

Last edited:
Advertisement
I like this commit

Just seems like the type of player everyone will like and despite Mario's flaws he is compiling rush ends and OL

Im still holding out Miami still lands Blount
Keep dreaming bro. Blount is a flake. Reclass kids rarely if ever work out.

JT had a lot to do with this one. That’s why my confidence was so high the last few weeks. He wanted to be coached by an all time great.
DE’s are going to be sick. If we can get DT’s to match our ends….
GIF by Saturday Night Live

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back