3-Star Edge Rusher Cole McConathy Commits to Miami

View as article
Not sure what you’re looking at, but he’s got an explosive first step and some lateral agility for someone that big.

He does need to learn some pass rush moves, but that’s what Taylor is here for.

I credit him for being good off the snap count, fairly quick. That's a plus for him. I'm watching the film and I don't see the PLUS burst. I don't see special first step quickness that makes me go "WOAH!"

Maybe additional film will show me something else, but I don't see anything more than a SOLID athlete. At his best, I see him being a solid starter who makes a couple plays a game off film study, football IQ, and overall effort (think Chickillo/Trent Harris).

What I don't see is the type of ATHLETE who has the type of burst and athleticism that allows him to be a potential game-wrecker (think Rousseau/Olivier Vernon).

Advertisement
Advertisement
Hopefully we have the next Watt, Crosby or Bosa on our hands.
Just off the edge in the running game weakside help type sh. We need that speed helps a lot, 6’5 250ish and he will be a problem. Opposing rbs better hit that hole fast cause it’s going to close quick fast. Especially when you see Harvey struggling to get to the sideline, this kid will help a lot and the other DEs we have coming. Pause

Then portal sheeeesh

So we lose Blount to FSU and I am suppose to feel excited about a 3 star experiment!
It means you don’t watch tape, that’s what that means. F the stars man sometimes that sh ain’t always right. It’s right a lot especially with guys like Dylan Stewart etc. but guys like this sometimes show out.

If you remember 3 stars and 4 stars from Mandy Richt (who I like but calling it what it is) Randy Alf…..their 3-4 stars barely jumped off tapes imo.

Oh and Coker but Coker was closer to our dominant years so he got high rated dudes off our name. But the rankings weren’t as good as they are now. But homies still fly under the radar it happens.

Advertisement
It means you don’t watch tape, that’s what that means. F the stars man sometimes that sh ain’t always right. It’s right a lot especially with guys like Dylan Stewart etc. but guys like this sometimes show out.

If you remember 3 stars and 4 stars from Mandy Richt (who I like but calling it what it is) Randy Alf…..their 3-4 stars barely jumped off tapes imo.

Oh and Coker but Coker was closer to our dominant years so he got high rated dudes off our name. But the rankings weren’t as good as they are now. But homies still fly under the radar it happens.
I am glad you watch tape!

From a BR report

More than half of all 5-star recruits are selected in the NFL draft, which is a better ratio than other classifications. That makes sense because (a) there are less of them, and (b) they are supposed to be the best players.

Plus who are the players who are impacting The U 4 and 5 star players! Look I hope the kid is great, but to build a great team you need 4 and 5 star talent!

Advertisement
I am glad you watch tape!

From a BR report

More than half of all 5-star recruits are selected in the NFL draft, which is a better ratio than other classifications. That makes sense because (a) there are less of them, and (b) they are supposed to be the best players.

Plus who are the players who are impacting The U 4 and 5 star players! Look I hope the kid is great, but to build a great team you need 4 and 5 star talent!
I would agree
But as long as we keep Guidry
He’s shown he can take jags and make them play
Im worried about the offense bc the players gonna have to shine despite coaching

View attachment 266303

3-star edge rusher Cole McConathy officially flipped his commitment from the Louisville Cardinals to the Miami Hurricanes on Wednesday night. The Spanish Fort, Alabama native stands tall at 6 feet 5 inches and weighing in at a formidable 225 pounds.

McConathy has been a standout on the gridiron throughout his high school career. Hailing from a family deeply rooted in football, it's clear that the sport runs in his blood. His father, Adam McConathy, made his mark in college football, having played for powerhouse programs like LSU, Texas, and Louisiana Tech in the early 2000s.

One of the most impressive aspects of Cole McConathy's game is his knack for getting to the quarterback. Over the last two seasons, he's terrorized opposing offensive lines with a staggering total of 38 sacks, demonstrating his relentless pursuit of the quarterback and his ability to disrupt plays in the backfield.
The decision to commit to the Miami Hurricanes has undoubtedly raised eyebrows, especially considering McConathy's previous commitment to Louisville. He also had offers from the likes of Louisville, Missouri, Virginia, and others on the table.

McConathy becomes Miami’s 26th commitment of the nation’s 11th-ranked recruiting class.

I believe its a solid pick up , hes big and fast .

Advertisement
So we get a guy with huge production and he’s tall yet he’s a 3 star.. Reuben deserved his 5th. **** outta here about size 😭

Advertisement
Back