3 out of our last 4 HC hires had no previous HC experience

Why not go with 3 of the last 5 OP?

Why not point out that the two with HC experience were arguably the two worst of those five?

How about the three without HC experience all had a hand in our last championship?

not to mention 2 coaches in the playoffs had no previous hC experience prior to their current jobs and go further with Smart.

Advertisement
this is hilarious because the HC's we have hired that have had HC experience have been WORSE than the coordinators we promote to HC.

You are forgetting Jimbo. It is possible to win it all with zero head coaching experience in recent memory. However, you see it in year ONE of the recruiting rankings.
How long did he hold the head coach in waiting title tho at least 4 years lol most guys just get a call accept the offer and boom their thrown in the fire

Plus he was with Saban at LSU he had the right people to watch and learn from and plenty of time to prepare

I imagine he knew how to recruit better then 90% or cfb coaches before he had to coach his first game at FSU

Last edited:
Advertisement
I'm taking a wait and see approach with Manny...not going to get too down or too excited at the moment. The one thing I'll say is I got extremely happy when he axed the entire offensive staff, but then he lost me with the Feeley hire. That being said, maybe Manny is a genius and knows something about Feeley we don't?? Still excited to see where we go with the offensive hires, but the bottom line is it's way too early to pass judgement.

Advertisement
Back