3 out of our last 4 HC hires had no previous HC experience

Sure, 2 of our last 4 coaches didn't have HC experience prior to being hired, but neither did 2 of the 4 HC (Dabo, Riley) in this year's playoffs , and neither did Kirby. It's not a matter of experience, it's a matter of doing full diligence and not making a lazy or ill-fitting hire.

You are forgetting Jimbo. It is possible to win it all with zero head coaching experience in recent memory. However, you see it in year ONE of the recruiting rankings.

Advertisement
It all goes to the same central point. UM management no longer values winning football programs. The financial need is not there. The only way for the football program to cost UM (and the ACC) money is for them to be on probation. Hence, they hire guys with the primary goal of being good PR managers and not proven winners on the field.

Lol u all kill me with this. I would take a coordinator who has huge potential over a failed coach. All head coaches started somewhere. U don't hire a guy just bc he has been a head coach before.

And the other one only had HC experience at Motherflucking Temple.

We never learn from our mistakes. This program will never be back to national relevance with these type of moronic and short sighted decisions.

We’ll be right back to square one in 2022.

And no I don’t have to wait and see what Manolo does with the rest of his staff. I’ve seen enough.

Thanks for posting.

Advertisement
You are forgetting Jimbo. It is possible to win it all with zero head coaching experience in recent memory. However, you see it in year ONE of the recruiting rankings.

You used to, but I don't know if that's still true now with the early signing period.

Dabo Swinney did not run a program....Kriby Smart didnt either.....but Lane Kiffin did....which would you take? Where they come from doesnt matter if you win. Butch would have won here. Coker did. Shannon, Golden and Richt have no fire and were terrible but not because what they dod before here.

Manny could win, he has energy, youth and relates well to SoFla. He needs to hire the right guys. I dont care what the names are, I want them to win here. Joe Moorehead came in and lit up scoreboards as PSU OC. No one would have wanted him here when he was hired there.

We never learn from our mistakes. This program will never be back to national relevance with these type of moronic and short sighted decisions.

And no I don’t have to wait and see what Manolo does with the rest of his staff. I’ve seen enough.
So.... since our last ship, we hired 2 HC w no experience, I with HC experience at a Go5 school, and one with 15 years at a SEC school.

But u come out and porst that bullshlt?

Go away.

Advertisement
Richt and Golden were HCs. Didn’t keep them from sucking, did it? We are considered a crap midmajor. We don’t get top coaches. We get a continuous parade of greenhorns and washed up bums. NO ONE WANTS TO COME HERE!

Advertisement
So.... since our last ship, we hired 2 HC w no experience, I with HC experience at a Go5 school, and one with 15 years at a SEC school.

But u come out and porst that bullshlt?

Go away.

3 coaches with no HC experience...Coker, Shannon, Diaz

1 with only experience at Temple with no sustained success.

1 who got fired and we scooped up immediately.

The point I tried to make and yes I ****ed up with the numbers so sue me, was we suck at picking coaches despite some strong advantages like location tradition recruiting base etc. None of the choices at the time screamed of thorough searches, forward thinking, or smart and calculated risk taking.

CIS...the place where discussion with insults is par for the course.

Our issues is all on the administration, they expect kids from south Florida to come to a school that’s about making money off their backs, put no resources into the program. Cut every corner they can. I’m done with this school, my alma mater and until change is made will steer my kids and other players away!

3 coaches with no HC experience...Coker, Shannon, Diaz

1 with only experience at Temple with no sustained success.

1 who got fired and we scooped up immediately.

The point I tried to make and yes I ****ed up with the numbers so sue me, was we suck at picking coaches despite some strong advantages like location tradition recruiting base etc. None of the choices at the time screamed of thorough searches, forward thinking, or smart and calculated risk taking.

CIS...the place where discussion with insults is par for the course.
We’ve picked coaches with none, some, and a lot of HC experience. None worked out.

It’s not a matter of too little experience. It’s a matter of poor hiring decisions.

Advertisement
I’m sitting here tonight on the eve of the natty game and I wonder if a Manny Diaz coached team could ever successfully match wits against a Dabo or Saban led squad? Today it really sounds ludicrous to compare these coaches so will this be the same case in say 2 years? If the answer is probably not Manny isn’t the right fit. We are aiming to eventually take down the big dawgs so Blake is saying Manny gives us our best shot for success?

Now conversely I could envision a Dino Babers or Matt Campbell coached squad eventually matching up and beating the best. However I don’t share the same enthusiasm for Diaz and it’s not even close.

Even with Rick he matched up against Saban and although he was winless a few of the games were neck in neck 1 coming down the last play.

butch davis had 0 hc experience when got job at Miami 0 how did that work out that's the thing guys with 0 hc experiance do work out oh so did howard howard had 0 hc experience when got Miami job all he did was build the monster jimmy and Erickson kept running for 10 yrs. the 2 guys who actually brought Miami out of the much were both guys with 0 hc experience also both were former nfl coaches but that's not the point the point is they both had 0 hc experience at any level

Advertisement
Back