#3 and #1!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Yeah, that's an odd one. I get that your goal should be to win every series, but that needs to be a sweep if you're really a top 10 team.

At least you disclose who you are in your avatar.

And your conclusion is ridiculous. Miami was one hit away from tying/winning the first game, on the road, going up against all the pomp & circumstance of opening a new $60 million stadium. Taking 2 out of 3 from the #1 team in the land, and being a hit away from a sweep, is certainly worthy of being Top 10.

At least you disclose who you are in your avatar.

And your conclusion is ridiculous. Miami was one hit away from tying/winning the first game, on the road, going up against all the pomp & circumstance of opening a new $60 million stadium. Taking 2 out of 3 from the #1 team in the land, and being a hit away from a sweep, is certainly worthy of being Top 10.

Is this a joke? We are talking about Virginia.

"UVA moves up 3 after struggling with UCONN ?"

"Yeah, that's an odd one. I get that your goal should be to win every series, but that needs to be a sweep if you're really a top 10 team."

"UVA moves up 3 after struggling with UCONN ?"

"Yeah, that's an odd one. I get that your goal should be to win every series, but that needs to be a sweep if you're really a top 10 team."
I think he thought you were referring to Miami and the UF series.

Advertisement
Advertisement
It's big. What a great series for these guys. Given recent history, beating UF was a major mental hurdle that needed to be cleared. Most years for the better part of the last decade, Miami found ways to lose this series.....whether home or at Gainesville. The games were good confidence-builders, too - they didn't come easy. Tough loss in game 1, go toe to toe with them all game and fall just a little short at the end. Then get down by a lot and battle back in game 2. Then go up by a lot and have to gut out a win with your bullpen and defense as the home team inevitably tries to come back. Some of the base-running and other errors are infuriating, sure, but that's for another day. You can build a lot on series wins like this.

I was so embarrassed last year to be ranked #1 and get swept by UF @ home when in my opinion we were better team.

feels so **** good to do the same thing to them minus the sweep.

Imagine having tickets to the CWS in 2008 when we had an all-time great baseball team and got eliminated the day before you flew out.

I'm still salty.

Advertisement
Imagine having tickets to the CWS in 2008 when we had an all-time great baseball team and got eliminated the day before you flew out.

I'm still salty.
I was there to witness it first hand so I feel you’re pain 100%. I went out there swearing up and down to everyone that was year we got #5. And we laid the biggest egg in program history given how loaded we were

I was there to witness it first hand so I feel you’re pain 100%. I went out there swearing up and down to everyone that was year we got #5. And we laid the biggest egg in program history given how loaded we were

We were #1 basically all **** year, #1 overall seed and put three **** guys into the first round.

Feels like that was when the wheels started falling off for Canes baseball.

All this nostalgia explains a little why you were all crying in fear all weekend. Looking for the baseball boogie man around every corner was probably extra difficult with O’Sullivan’s balls in your mouth.

Advertisement
Back