3/9/24 Game 15: Virginia 9-5 W (Largest Comeback Since 1992)

Advertisement
The chestnutt outing going about how I expected. Incredible he is considered a D1 Baseball player. He literally is no different than any one of us throwing on a uni and trotting out to the mound

Rafe and Ziehl have not gotten better since their freshman year. So let’s promote the pitching coach. Brilliant. .

Advertisement
The chestnutt outing going about how I expected. Incredible he is considered a D1 Baseball player. He literally is no different than any one of us throwing on a uni and trotting out to the mound
I don’t blame Chestnut. I blame the coaching staff for not having someone better than him.

I’m sure Chestnutt is a good kid works hard. But honestly like I mentioned before he isn’t a weekend starter at any top D2 schools.

Chestnut throw mid 80's. He can't leave pitches at or above the belt. Another 4 runs this inning.

This is now a throw away game. The score will get worse as JD will empty the bottom of the bullpen as he should.

I want to see the bats build some type of momentum for Sunday.

Advertisement
I don’t blame Chestnut. I blame the coaching staff for not having someone better than him.
I'm going to rinse and repeat this all year. JD has been the pitching coach for 2 decades. We should NOT be in this position. He should have arm talent stacked. Instead, he has a bunch of pitchers that are questionable P5 talent.

He knows what is required to compete in the ACC. This is the best pitching staff he could put together given his 20+ years as the pitching coach?

I hate these stupid shifts. UVA is not a team to shift on. They use the entire field when they hit. They always have. This shift has hurt more than helped all year.

Advertisement
Great approaches by everybody this inning. Nobody is trying to “win” the game but passing the baton and just trying to get on base. Win or lose, this is a very big lesson learned about approach.

We are about 2ft from three home runs tonight. Cyr, Carrier and now Perez. Best hit ball from Perez in a while.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back