3/8/24 Game 14: Virginia 8-5

I would kill for Mac to be our coach. He’s been at UVA since the jump. Recruiter, developer, and just an awesome dude. Loved working camps with him.

Advertisement
We are bad news bears level bad.

Our shortstop is terrible. Why is he playing?
This team looks worse than the Morris team that broke the streak of consecutive college post season appearances.

Outside of starting weekend pitching, there isn't anything you can count on. You go into every game wondering how the team will field, how they will hit, and what the bullpen will do. There just isn’t much to feel confident in.

The difference in ABs and the swings between the 2 teams is disgraceful. UVA smacking the ball all over. Miami hitting pop ups, weak liners, strikeouts. Something has got to change

Advertisement
Nice work by Cyr. Why bring the bat to the plate if you're going to watch strikes right down the middle. Team is a joke

Advertisement
This team looks worse than the Morris team that broke the streak of consecutive college post season appearances.

Outside of starting weekend pitching, there isn't anything you can count on. You go into every game wondering how the team will field, how they will hit, and what the bullpen will do. There just isn’t much to feel confident in.
I would argue though that any one of Cyr, Cuvet, and Torres is probably the most talented hitter on that 2017 team

The real Cyr. Not whatever it is we've seen so far this season
Honestly though, as badly as he’s played along with missing four games, we have two more losses without Blake. He sparked the team back to life opening night and on Wednesday.

Advertisement
If Rad wanted the WF coach, I'm sure he got pressured to hire JD because of his Miami ties and history in the program.
Yes. He was told who to hire. Even Rad wouldn’t have come to the conclusion that JD was the best candidate in the country for the job.

I would argue though that any one of Cyr, Cuvet, and Torres is probably the most talented hitter on that 2017 team
I agree, but they have to perform in ACC play.

There just isn’t much about this team to feel confident about. Unlike last year, where you knew which players were going to perform well before the game was played.

Even when we were winning a lot of games in prior years I always argued on this site that every team we play is better coached and more prepared than we are. By the looks of this season I feel even stronger saying that.

It’s just mind blowing how bad of baseball we’ve played for 15 years even in the winning seasons the same terrible flaws/warts were there

Advertisement
I agree, but they have to perform in ACC play.

There just isn’t much about this team to feel confident about. Unlike last year, where you knew which players were going to perform well before the game was played.
For sure. My point really is that with a veteran rotation and more hitting talent, if JD gets less out of this team, as he seems to be doing, than a half-retired Morris did with that 2017 team it’s very telling.

Advertisement
Back