3/8/24 Game 14: Virginia 8-5

Advertisement
Curious to see the lineup for tonight?
Who is first out of the bullpen? Walters and Robert if it's a closing situation?
I have a commitment tonight and will have to follow on the phone.
One of those things that you agree to with your wife two months ago...and on Wednesday she reminds me about it...
Going to Panthers game tomorrow and Cane's baseball on Sunday.....

Jimenez replaces Urso, while Dorian and Torres swap spots in the order.
SpotPos# PlayerBatsAvg
1cf45 Edgardo VillegasL.298
2dh4 Blake CyrR.233
33b14 Daniel CuvetR.522
42b0 Dorian Gonzalez Jr.L.319
51b37 Jason TorresR.460
6c7 Jack ScanlonL.333
7lf8 Lucas CostelloR.209
8rf19 Jake KulikowskiL.154
9ss13 Antonio JimenezR.185

Jimenez replaces Urso, while Dorian and Torres swap spots in the order.
SpotPos# PlayerBatsAvg
1cf45 Edgardo VillegasL.298
2dh4 Blake CyrR.233
33b14 Daniel CuvetR.522
42b0 Dorian Gonzalez Jr.L.319
51b37 Jason TorresR.460
6c7 Jack ScanlonL.333
7lf8 Lucas CostelloR.209
8rf19 Jake KulikowskiL.154
9ss13 Antonio JimenezR.185
Finally a lineup with more freshmen/sophomores than juniors/seniors btw.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I would have fired the coach after that pitch. And I’m serious. If you’re a pitching coach running a team and you allow that. Your horrible.

Advertisement
The downside of this is the JD slurpers will have something to rationalize his tenure despite this not being a young team at all.
That's the built in excuse by playing young players. A classic coaching move.

My biggest issue is the pitching. He's been the pitching coach for 2 decades. Pitching should be loaded. Instead, we have a bunch of guys in the bullpen with very little experience. That should not happen.

That's the built in excuse by playing young players. A classic coaching move.

My biggest issue is the pitching. He's been the pitching coach for 2 decades. Pitching should be loaded. Instead, we have a bunch of guys in the bullpen with very little experience. That should not happen.
He was a mediocre pitching coach that benefited from Coach Morris’s recruiting. Not once did I ever hear of another team trying to poach him in 2 decades. FSU had a similar nepo hire. The difference is they corrected their mistake and got a solid coach. They are 11-0 now this season after Link cleared out the program.

Outside of Gonzalez, I see so many defensive looking swings. Why do we always seam look overmatched?

It's their 1st AB of the night, but come on.

Advertisement
Once again, our Friday night starter can’t even get to the 5th inning without damage. Not good for an offensively challenged team.

Advertisement
Back