3/6/24 Game 13: Stonehill 7-5 W

Advertisement
Advertisement
I used to not understand when people said “it’s hard to be a fan right now”. I used to think I’d be a fan through thick and thin. I still am a fan(look at me posting on a CIS thread for evidence) but I understand now what that means I think.

It’s hard to pour my limited resources into a program that isn’t doing their part. Season tickets, travel, donations, time watching every game, etc…. If the admin isn’t going to actually care about winning then why should I care so much about it?

Or the Catching position.... which I thought would be the first position addressed before last season even ended.
Catching and pitching should’ve had a heck of a lot more attention than bringing in 40 more outfielders

Advertisement
Changes: Dorian, Scanlon, Kulikowski, and Urso return to the lineup
SpotPos# PlayerBatsAvg
1cf45 Edgardo VillegasL.326
2dh4 Blake CyrR.185
33b14 Daniel CuvetR.548
41b37 Jason TorresR.500
52b0 Dorian Gonzalez Jr.L.326
6lf8 Lucas CostelloR.220
7c7 Jack ScanlonL.333
8rf19 Jake KulikowskiL.182
9ss2 JD UrsoR.312
Here’s a question for those more in the know than I;
lots of Kulikowski’s teammates were here from Tampa . Were they lucky in seeing their guy start or did they know he was starting? I always assumed the starting lineup wasn’t available or even known to players until like at least three hours before the game..

I used to not understand when people said “it’s hard to be a fan right now”. I used to think I’d be a fan through thick and thin. I still am a fan(look at me posting on a CIS thread for evidence) but I understand now what that means I think.

It’s hard to pour my limited resources into a program that isn’t doing their part. Season tickets, travel, donations, time watching every game, etc…. If the admin isn’t going to actually care about winning then why should I care so much about it?
Going from the most dominant program in the sport to where we are now and still being a diehard…. Which all of us are….. just shows you how deep this stuff runs. None of us could stop watching if millions of dollars were on the line. It’s truly part of my DNA and often times I wish it wasn’t so I could just not care anymore. But I don’t ever see a day where that happens unfortunately

Here’s a question for those more in the know than I;
lots of Kulikowski’s teammates were here from Tampa . Were they lucky in seeing their guy start or did they know he was starting? I always assumed the starting lineup wasn’t available or even known to players until like at least three hours before the game..

It's not unheard of for coaches to be understanding when a kid has people who want to travel to see them play. I've had FGCU and UCF coaches let me know in advance if my player was likely to get in, start, etc. His high school team is in south Florida this week playing two games. If our staff threw him a bone since they were at the game, I'm all for stuff like that.

Advertisement

Welcome to the party. Refreshments will be served shortly.

Urso should probably never play again.
Walters makes throwing 96 look effortless.
Kulo had some nice ABs and is capable in RF.
Scanlon over Perez moving forward.
Chestnutt must not be allowed to start next Wed.

My own personal lineup card tomorrow:

Villegas-Gonzalez-Cuvet-Torres-Cyr-Scanlon-Costello-Kulikowski-Jimenez

Last edited:
Advertisement

Agree with all of the above - could interchange Gonzalez/Cyr in 2/5 hole as I would rather have Cyr get more at bats than Gonzalez.

Totally agree. Think Dorian in 2 hole is perfect for this team.

6-9 is still scary bad until proven otherwise

After last June, I’m deeply skeptical
There's no way they'll make a move 1 year in. They'll point to Jarrett at FSU (even though it's a bad comparison) and rationalize that he'll turn it around in year 2.

Until baseball becomes a priority again, this is what we have to look forward to. As long as the money keeps coming in, the baseball boosters will continue to make hiring decisions.

I will say I'm very surprised that Costello has struggled as much as he has. He hit .288 and had a .402 on base last year starting most of the season.

Advertisement
Back