3/3/24 Game 12: UF 6-5 L

Advertisement
I will repeat it here. Rad is very likely to become the only UM AD to oversee a sub .500 football team, a sub .500 hoops team, and a sub .500 baseball team. All this and he has access to more money than any of his predecessors.
In fairness, he didn't hire Mario or Larranaga. He's on the clock for me when he has to replace Larranaga. If we're applying the same logic, he presided over a basketball team that went to the Final Four last year.

Advertisement
In fairness, he didn't hire Mario or Larranaga. He's on the clock for me when he has to replace Larranaga. If we're applying the same logic, he presided over a basketball team that went to the Final Four last year.
You can be fair to Rad, I am running out of time and he has done nothing to help me see another championship in any sport.

Silver lining this weekend:

1. We still hold the overall series lead by the slimmest of margin

2. Cuvet & Torres looks to be a solid 1-2 punch in the heart of the lineup

3. We didn’t get swept

4. Gave us a little hope w/ a pinch hit grand slam

That’s all I have. 6-5 is a mediocre record, but the problem is we play a **** ton of home games, & it’s not a home field advantage right now. ****, we don’t play a road game until March 12 (FAU), & a true, true road game until we travel to ND later this month. The pitching is hot & cold, & our bats r hot & cold. Hence the 6-5 record.

It’s going to be a season that’ll test our patience, & our hearts.

Advertisement
At this point the only thing left for Sully to do is declare prima nocta
:LOL::ROFLMAO:
braveheart GIF

We look so bad when we run our mouths in a series loss to a team that absolutely owns us.
Wander, what happened to the handshake line? I've been to two different series finales at different programs and everyone just heads to the lockers now.

Advertisement
I will repeat it here. Rad is very likely to become the only UM AD to oversee a sub .500 football team, a sub .500 hoops team, and a sub .500 baseball team. All this and he has access to more money than any of his predecessors.
And what were the trajectories before he arrived, and what is the current trajectory they are on?
Baseball and Football were on clear downward trajectory before him. Baseball is likely reaching their floor. TBD how that goes. Football already has floored 2 yrs ago and is on an upward trajectory. Basketball just reached it's absolute peak under him, but was already on that trajectory. This is a terrible season relative to the previous two for us, but we have our best recruiting class in like school history, and can flip this seasons results quickly. Womens basketball also just had their best season in our history.

Advertisement
Team will continue to underperform as long as JD is running the show. This isn’t a knock on him personally, but this program hasn’t been elite in a very very long time. Promoting from within a failed regime won’t equal better results.

For this baseball program to be successful, you have to clean house top to bottom and bring in completely new blood.

Advertisement
Back