3/3/24 Game 12: UF 6-5 L

Advertisement
I hope the actual numbers prove me wrong on this, but it feels like over the last decade, this program takes the term “get away day” too literal. Also nobody has ever told them it doesn’t apply to home Sundays.

Carrier looks the same as when he was a freshman. Can only hit the fastball, sometimes.
He hasn't improved as a hitter. His approach looks the same.

I hate to be so critical, but I think we should have high expectations for players that have been in the program 2 years or more.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Carrier looks the same as when he was a freshman. Can only hit the fastball, sometimes.
He hasn't improved as a hitter. His approach looks the same.

I hate to be so critical, but I think we should have high expectations for players thst have been in the program 2 years or more.
I saw it his first Fall Ball. Everytime someone threw him a breaking ball, he looked like he was thinking “is that legal?”

To be fair, Jacktani is not your typical Sunday starter
To my point, we don't have advanced players to compete with top arms. We may have some young talent, but they are not advanced at this point.

Torres is one who is advanced imo. He understands situations and uses all fields while still hitting for power.

It will be crystal clear when we get into ACC play. Look at team batting averages and slugging percentage after about 15 conference games. You'll see a separation from the teams with advanced hitting.

GT is always a team with advanced hitting. It's how they teach the game and maybe the type of players they recruit.

Advertisement
To my point, we don't have advanced players to compete with top arms. We may have some young talent, but they are not advanced at this point.

Torres is one who is advanced imo. He understands situations and uses all fields while still hitting for power.

It will be crystal clear when we get into ACC play. Look at team batting averages and slugging percentage after about 15 conference games. You'll see a separation from the teams with advanced hitting.

GT is always a team with advanced hitting. It's how they teach the game and .sybe the type of players they recruit.

My man, this is the same thing we've been posting since the creation of this board. Most of us are now immune to it. It's true today and it was true 10 years ago. It is just who we are as a program as long as we continue to hire from within.

My man, this is the same thing we've been posting since the creation of this board. Most of us are now immune to it. It's true today and it was true 10 years ago. It is just who we are as a program as long as we continue to hire from within.
Looks that way.

I'll say the same thing as when it comes to football over the past 2 decades. We shouldn't change our expectations. The play on the field should meet them.

Advertisement
As an aside, I would really love for us to take an early weekend each year and participate in a tournament, whether it be in Texas, North Carolina, up further north in Florida. These guys desperately need to see how other good ball clubs conduct their business, and get some round robin experience.

Dallas Baptist dropped a game last night but I think it really will help them down the line. They are seeing great teams from around the country.

Also Wicho blathering on about how great JD has done, try getting wiped out like Oral Roberts did, and being Oral Roberts haha. We chose to come into this season without addressing some spots.

Advertisement
As an aside, I would really love for us to take an early weekend each year and participate in a tournament, whether it be in Texas, North Carolina, up further north in Florida. These guys desperately need to see how other good ball clubs conduct their business, and get some round robin experience.

Dallas Baptist dropped a game last night but I think it really will help them down the line. They are seeing great teams from around the country.

Also Wicho blathering on about how great JD has done, try getting wiped out like Oral Roberts did, and being Oral Roberts haha. We chose to come into this season without addressing some spots.
Is he really? Wicho is a tard

Advertisement
Back