3/3/24 Game 12: UF 6-5 L

Advertisement
Advertisement
Bovada had Florida at -136 today. Sorry if it’s sacrilegious but that just seemed too easy.

Advertisement
They've got an insane amount of power, great defense, and the best player in the sport. Their arms need to come along, but UF looks like a CWS team again.
I don’t disagree they can become a top 5 team, I’m saying they aren’t right now. Today, this is not a CWS pitching staff and not one you’d expect from a Sullivan coached UF team.

JD leaving Hernandez in to get massacred. Everything is up.Velocity looks like BP.

This game is what I feared for thr whole series. The pitching outside of our Friday and Saturday starters is a mystery at best.

Our hitting isn't even competitive today. Contact is weak at best. We continue to be a team that can only hit fastballs. This is nothing new. Year after year, very few advanced hitting.

I say this because of the approaches at the plate in certain counts is more about guessing rather than actually having an approach to hit the ball opposite field or how to hit offspeed pitches even when sitting fastball.

It's going to be a disappointing season imo. The baseball just isn't at an advanced level to compete in the ACC and nationally. I hope I'm wrong, but that's whst I see today.

We will have a few games like yesterday that gets us excited, but those will be the exceptions.

Advertisement
JD leaving Hernandez in to get massacred. Everything is up.Velocity looks like BP.

This game is what I feared for thr whole series. The pitching outside of our Friday and Saturday starters is a mystery at best.

Our hitting isn't even competitive today. Contact is weak at best. We continue to be a team that can only hit fastballs. This is nothing new. Year after year, very few advanced hitting.

I say this because of the approaches at the plate in certain counts is more about guessing rather than actually having an approach to hit the ball opposite field or how to hit offspeed pitches even when sitting fastball.

It's going to be a disappointing season imo. The baseball just isn't at an advanced level to compete in the ACC and nationally. I hope I'm wrong, but that's whst I see today.

We will have a few games like yesterday that gets us excited, but those will be the exceptions.
To be fair, Jacktani is not your typical Sunday starter

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back