3/23/24 Game 23: ND 12-10 L

Advertisement
Advertisement
If we take off our Miami glassed for a moment, ND has looked like the better team in these 2 games.

Our defense struggles at times and we're not getting consistent hitting.

That's where we are.
It’s amazing the difference playing on the road makes, isn’t it?

Teams look like good teams at home against ranked teams, then play winless teams on the road and are legitimately looking like the worse team.

I’m not sure ND had a guy throw any velocity today, but they threw strikes with all their pitches and kept it down.

Advertisement
It’s too bad this forum is not a pipeline to the coaches. It’s weird what they let go and what bothers them enough to switch somebody.
His usage (JL) since he’s been with the program has been a total ******* ****storm.

I imagine there has to be stuff behind the scenes for his short leash he’s had since he stepped foot on campus.

But as a fan that watches **** near every pitch every season it’s One of the most mismanaged players I can remember at miami baseball wise

I hate to pile on but this series was more who we are than the “cardiac canes” which isn’t sustainable over the season. I know some got a little hope(I won’t lie I was starting to get a little too) but we are a flawed team in every phase. Like some of us talked about pre season and early on the year.

As I said after the “miraculous” win over FIU, Mark Light has been kind to us.

All these ugly, Mark Light magic wins have been nothing more than lipstick on a pig. Team has real issues, particularly on situational, fundamentals.

Hopefully tomorrow we can carry the trend of 2-2 weekly baseball, & not go 1-3 this week.

Advertisement
It’s amazing the difference playing on the road makes, isn’t it?

Teams look like good teams at home against ranked teams, then play winless teams on the road and are legitimately looking like the worse team.

I’m not sure ND had a guy throw any velocity today, but they threw strikes with all their pitches and kept it down.
As a whole, we look so inferior at the plate. There’s guys that step into the batter's box and I think, "This is an automatic out." Sure enough. Little or no contact at all.

We've seen this at home against weaker teams early in the season with average to below average pitchers. I don't no what to make of it.

Last edited:

All these ugly, Mark Light magic wins have been nothing more than lipstick on a pig. Team has real issues, particularly on situational, fundamentals.

Hopefully tomorrow we can carry the trend of 2-2 weekly baseball, & not go 1-3 this week.
You mean it bothered you seeing a senior not covering 2B on a rundown?

Talent acquisition and evaluation by this staff and particularly JD is atrocious. Half these guys aren’t even D1 ball players. The pitching staff is JV at best.

Advertisement

The only thing we can do is hit. Other than that, day by day crap shoot.

Btw why is Costello still getting a ton of ABs? Kulikowski and Carrier should be getting them. At least they draw walks.

Talent acquisition and evaluation by this staff and particularly JD is atrocious. Half these guys aren’t even D1 ball players. The pitching staff is JV at best.
That’s a bit much. Our rotation is fine. We just have 2 guys we can go to out of the pen which is the real problem when it comes to talent.

As a whole, we look so inferior at the plate. There’s guys that step the batter's box and I think, "This is an automatic out." Sure enough. Little or no contact at all.

We've seen this at home against weaker teams early in the season with average to below average pitchers. I don't no whst to make of it.

Perfect Game Showcase hitters. They don't know what to do when the guy on the mound is trying to get you out.

Advertisement
Back