3* 2021 LB Eric Gentry Hits the Portal

Advertisement
$1M for a LB? LOL

So basically every 1st, 2nd, 3rd team freshman/sophomore/junior AA's should all just jump in the portal and see what someone is willing to throw at them and transfer. And CFB becomes a total clusterf***

Unless you regulate NIL (not sure at this point how this can be done) only other option is NCAA indirectly managing it - ex. making it much more difficult/restrictive to transfer (must still out 1 year no matter what, transfer twice and lose year of eligibility, etc.)
At this point you might as well go to a school where you can start as a freshman. No need to go sit behind anybody. Go to ASU like this kid and then get everything you want, money and an elite school, a year later.

They have stupid money but dont care about football.

**** half of the wack jobs want to outlaw the sports for kids.
See my post right under.

I think there may be more RAMS fans outside of LA than in it.

But they'll show up for the Trojans, much like we do CANES, when theyredominant. You gotta put on a show in these big market towns.

Last edited:
We want him as a edge rusher. I think they would try to pack as much weight on him as they could before the season. I don't think they would play him at 205 lbs. He could probably play Edge at 225 or 230 though.

Advertisement
mikefarrellsports.com/author/mfarrell01/

LB Eric Gentry is likely headed to Southern Cal. But what’s fascinating about this is that I’ve talked to a few schools who think he could have an NIL deal in the works there for more than $1 million. NIL sure is going to be interesting as locker rooms and rosters deal with the discrepancy in who makes what.
Haven’t seen this being discussed enough..These kids are gonna have to develop a professional mindset very early, it could be a good thing to prepare them for a possible nfl career or u can have some turmoil here n there

Might be an unpopular take, but in certain situations, like this Gentry kid, are we ******** over and/or stunting our own kids growth/development (ie: Chase Smith) in this scenario... Chase was our recruit, that most are really high on, and shows promise.. now you basically bump another young dude with similar size in front of chase and potentially send chase to the portal next year... I know "stack chips" "let them battle and best wins out", and I see that too... How close in talent are the two? should we give preference to OUR recruits that chose to be canes from HS, over these NIL assassins??? thoughts?
******** over? Like who? Adding talent to the position doesn’t ***** over anyone. This is life either out work and out play or sit and watch. No one’s getting screwed over!

Sometimes it's best to not ***** up a great offer. You take it in the room and don't look back. $1M, LA, conference familiarity, and that offense is going to be a hard situation to beat.
He didn't make a tackle in the half of football I watched (when I ran to YT to see who the **** he was).

I kinda want my LBs to be around the ball. $1m for the guy is crazy, but that's the market.

He didn't make a tackle in the half of football I watched (when I ran to YT to see who the **** he was).

I kinda want my LBs to be around the ball. $1m for the guy is crazy, but that's the market.
I think the move is to start making up numbers on what we pay kids. Scare the competition, except for ATM, we would just help them spend theirs faster and sooner.

Advertisement
Sounds like USC is seeing the boogeyman in the flesh (Mario) and gave him an offer so ridiculous that he would seriously consider canceling his UM visit. Especially if the rumors are true that teams are encouraging recruits to not take a UM visit because of what we have going on down here.

Advertisement
Sounds like USC is seeing the boogeyman in the flesh (Mario) and gave him an offer so ridiculous that he would seriously consider canceling his UM visit. Especially if the rumors are true that teams are encouraging recruits to not take a UM visit because of what we have going on down here.
Makes sense. If you know a competitor has a staff full of recruiting savages you gotta what it takes to stop the exposure. It's like being with a girl at a concert and security invites her to go backstage to "meet" the artist after the show. Can't let that happen or the relationship is done. Miami is the equivalent to that artist now & other schools are the scared boyfriend.

Makes sense. If you know a competitor has a staff full of recruiting savages you gotta what it takes to stop the exposure. It's like being with a girl at a concert and security invites her to go backstage to "meet" the artist after the show. Can't let that happen or the relationship is done. Miami is the equivalent to that artist now & other schools are the scared boyfriend.
Had that happen to me when I was like 19. Just started talking to this baddie and we went to a Lil Wayne show. She was invited backstage and I just left lol. Never heard from her again after that.

Doesn’t really make sense though; if they’re so scared of our visits, wouldn’t recruits realize that we’re going to offer wild deals and at least entertain a visit?

Advertisement
USC currently has more 5*s committed than any other team in the country and it’s just getting started. It is located in a huge market, has a very rich alum base, and is coached by one of the best in the game. I doubt the boogeyman is driving NIL offers.

Doesn’t really make sense though; if they’re so scared of our visits, wouldn’t recruits realize that we’re going to offer wild deals and at least entertain a visit?
Yeah, how does that’s pitch sound to recruits?
’Don’t go visit UM, they are about to offer you a much better deal than we can. How terrible for you. Don’t visit’

Advertisement
Back