3/2/24 Game 11: UF 6-4 W

Advertisement
The other big piece over the next 2-3 weekends is can we get 2/3 of our starters to throw “well” every weekend. We don’t need 3-4 great innings then 1-2 turds. Or 1 great weekend then 2 bad weekends. Just give us what Ziehl and Rafe did so far. Just need a chance. Play clean defense or don’t let an error then a walk turn into 4 runs.

The Acc is pretty good top to bottom but maybe being a bigger under dog than usual is a role this team can embrace.

I’m still tempering expectations for a few more weeks and still leaning toward my preseason feeling But there are a few phases to this team that I’ll use to fuel my typical Miami sports fandom and hold onto hope.

Rafe and Ziehl were both outstanding this weekend. Excited to see how Herick stacks up against better competition. Glad we could take advantage of wind blowing out of the south. It's always such a relief beating these guys but we earned this one with the big inning late. Once Cyr returns to form we may win more of these shooutouts.

Advertisement
7-8-9
7.Scanlon 0-1 2 BB 2R (I never want to see carlos perez play over him)
8. Carrier 0-3 K / Long 0-1 K (Bases Loaded didn't even swing.... cut him)
9. Jimenez 1-3 2K 1 RBI 1 2B (he needs to be better to justify playing him over urso)

Advertisement
I don't know if 7 hits are the blueprint. We need more hits
Doesn’t matter how it happens. The blueprint is score as many as possible, so you can hold on when the bullpen comes in. Should be manufacturing runs to extend leads. Every run is gonna matter.

Advertisement
Who’s UF throwing tomorrow, and what kind of a shot do we have to take this.

Advertisement
A passing thought...give Urso some reps in the outfield. I mean the Carrier, Long spot in the lineup is not producing jack..
Need to have our best nine hitters in the lineup.

Advertisement
Back