3/2/24 Game 11: UF 6-4 W

Advertisement
Was impressed with the quality of at-bats early on. Everyone who saw the team in Fall said starting pitching is our strength and that has come to fruition.

What has surprised me is how good Cuvet is. He's ready for a series like this already and that gives me hope he's an anchor. Torres stepping into the kind of player we needed him to be.

Not a fan of the defensive replacement stuff that almost always leads to that guy hitting in a big spot. Long simply can't be that passive in that spot and needs to understand the situation a little better there not to take strike three.

The bullpen is a frightening place right now.

I think the Canes have a chance to show me something tomorrow. Are they ready to lock in and compete or are they happy they got one and just let Florida take the series again?

A passing thought...give Urso some reps in the outfield. I mean the Carrier, Long spot in the lineup is not producing jack..
Need to have our best nine hitters in the lineup.
I'd try Cyr in the outfield. Get some speed out there.

Advertisement
Caglianone. If Herick is really as good as he’s looked, we’ve got a shot to take a lead into the late innings, but I make absolutely no promises after that point.
When is baby brother Walters due back?

Think I might be the bad luck charm. Wasn’t able to watch a single pitch yesterday and it looks like we came to play. Unfortunately I will be watching today. Hopefully I’m not the curse and we can pull this series out.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back