2nd to last play

Herbstreit pointed out that the fourth down play felt very rushed. It was. The clock was running and we needed to move fast.

We scored exactly zero TDs so it’s unlikely we find the end zone- I’m not saying this cost us the game.

On the second to last play where TVD dumped it in the flats to rooster. He was moving forward - no forward progress consideration- and the defender pulled him over him and rooster landed out of bounds. Why did the official wind the clock and say he was down in bounds?

If the answer is ACC refs suck every **** possible, that’s expected I guess.
Yes, that was a blown call. Falling on a defender and not touching the ground, is not going down. But as you said, Rooster then rolled out of bounds. The clock should have stopped.

Also, there were 2 or 3 horse collar tackles that were missed, atm grabbed the jersey's around the neck from behind, do they not call that any more?

Advertisement
I honestly thought this happened 2-3 separate times in the 2nd half and was surprised barely anyone was calling it out in the game thread. Player would run or land out and clock kept ticking? It was typical garbage ACC officiating.

I honestly thought this happened 2-3 separate times in the 2nd half and was surprised barely anyone was calling it out in the game thread. Player would run or land out and clock kept ticking? It was typical garbage ACC officiating.
Same here 305. I believe on one play Mallory ran out of bounds and the clock kept running, was surprised it happed on another occasion as well but the coaching staff didn’t question it. Thought I was the only one noticing that.

Advertisement
Same here 305. I believe on one play Mallory ran out of bounds and the clock kept running, was surprised it happed on another occasion as well but the coaching staff didn’t question it. Thought I was the only one noticing that.
Yup Mallory running out was def one of them. Good lawd. There should be a YouTube channel that calls out garbage officiating calls and no calls in games. Would prob kill it lol. Someone much more knowledgeable than me on this board should do it.

Yeah I thought he was rolled OOB... basically it was another .001% reason we didn't prevail.

But lets be real - add any bs calls / mistakes / mental errors and we still end up...

10582752-3x2-940x627-2589137743.png

Advertisement
Did no one else notice knightons helmet had a part of the tamu defender uniform wrapped up in it? Totally freak thing. Live I was like whoa his face mask is caught on something.

I agree with you and was surprised as well. At first I thought maybe there is some new rule. But then was wondering why Cristobal (or at least one member of the increased support staff) apparently did not bring this to the attention of the refs.

Hard to blame the loss on that one play. Muffed punt, missed FGs, weak passing game. UM should never have been in that desperate position at the end of the game.
the way we controlled the game on d, we should've been up by 3 scores esp w five trips to the red zone to their 2. we absolutely flopped

Advertisement
I think his momentum has to be going out of bounds in order to call the play dead and stop the clock. Maybe I’m wrong.

Being that I just re-watched the game; Rooster was tackled in bounds. He was tackled on his head & then flipped over to out of bounds. So being that he was tackled in bounds then rolled over out, that’s y the clock continued. Low key the refs did right by us, including not buzzing a drop by Key Smiff when the ball went through his arms.

Advertisement
Back