2nd to last play

CDWright40

@jbcanes-nc is *** for Zelenskyy.
Premium
Herbstreit pointed out that the fourth down play felt very rushed. It was. The clock was running and we needed to move fast.

We scored exactly zero TDs so it’s unlikely we find the end zone- I’m not saying this cost us the game.

On the second to last play where TVD dumped it in the flats to rooster. He was moving forward - no forward progress consideration- and the defender pulled him over him and rooster landed out of bounds. Why did the official wind the clock and say he was down in bounds?

If the answer is ACC refs suck every **** possible, that’s expected I guess.

Advertisement
I will be a douche and bump my own thread.

I have not seen this discussed anywhere and I think it’s pretty relevant.

Advertisement
On 3rd down play it looked like the A&M DB helmet got tangled up with knighton. He was just standing over him.

Knighton was slow to get back in formation and what you guys are saying is accurate. My point was the tackle should have been rules out of bounds and the clock would have stopped allowing us a more organized 4 th down attempt.

Advertisement
Yup. Ref came in and tried to detach his hermit from the a&m players pants. You’d think they blow the whistle in a situation like that but nope. Really frustrating.
Right. Should’ve blown the whistle there, they were tangled up. Makes no sense to sit there and watch as if you–guy with the whistle—are powerless to do anything.

Herbstreit pointed out that the fourth down play felt very rushed. It was. The clock was running and we needed to move fast.

We scored exactly zero TDs so it’s unlikely we find the end zone- I’m not saying this cost us the game.

On the second to last play where TVD dumped it in the flats to rooster. He was moving forward - no forward progress consideration- and the defender pulled him over him and rooster landed out of bounds. Why did the official wind the clock and say he was down in bounds?

I agree, that ****ed me off. If he was down in bounds, fine, but then the official should have made the defender move. The defender straddled Rooster and trapped him there, while the official stood right next to him and just watched him do it for 4-5 seconds.

Advertisement
Not sure
Also have no idea why he did t hustle and get his *** up
He couldnt. The defender was straddling him, just standng there, and the official let him do it. Knighton should have shoved him off, but I guarantee the official would then throw a flag for roughing against Rooster.

He couldnt. The defender was straddling him, just standng there, and the official let him do it. Knighton should have shoved him off, but I guarantee the official would then throw a flag for roughing against Rooster.
So turtling for 15 seconds was the solution

Advertisement
Hard to blame the loss on that one play. Muffed punt, missed FGs, weak passing game. UM should never have been in that desperate position at the end of the game.

I have to rewatch. It’s possible a body part hit inbounds first (elbow, knee, etc) before he rolled OB. If that’s what happened then the clock should’ve kept rolling.

Advertisement
Back