Rumor 2nd REALLY STRONG Recruiting Wave About to Hit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disagree with this. Texas and ATM didn’t win on Saturdays. Tennessee and LSU, same thing; and yet, they’re doing just fine with recruiting.

We’re also doing well recruiting, just not this last week. I’m just addressing the excuse, not the overall product of the class.
At some point it has to translate to winning. Winning addresses the sustainability of recruiting from year to year. To get back to playoff contention will not be a one-year build.

Despite this past week, we're doing well with recruiting. Winning this season could also change some minds with late committing recruits like Cormani or Harbor. We don't have to win it all, but it helps to show there's substance behind all the marketing, that we've turned the corner and are on an upward trajectory.

Advertisement
splash GIF

Mario said on the Joe Rose show this morning that a second recruiting wave is about to hit. Really strong were his words, not mine.

So let's start the speculation:

1. Does the wave start in August or with the July 22/23 commits? If it starts this weekend, we're going to do better than 1/5 or 2/5.
  2. Does it begin with the BBQ?
  3. Who's in this wave?
  4. Flo said the 24 kids are going to make a huge statement at the BBQ. Part of this wave?
  5. Flo also said the DT position is about to get hot in the next couple weeks. Part of this wave?
Who the heck is Flo, and why should we put trust in him?

99% sure that top wave is Teahupo'o and it's the scariest wave (The Right and Shipstern's Bluff freak me out) on the planet while also being the most glorious. Code Red 2 just happened there and it was pumping. The waves were big enough thay you could literally tow a house through them.
Yes I too think it is chops! Puerto escondido also up there with HEAVY and unlike chops no channel and also no tow ins. Puerto and Pipe both have that distinction. No tow ins!

Last edited:
Advertisement
Schellenberger did a great job in improving the overall roster, but it was not with a monster class. It was a gradual build up and many of the key pieces (Lester Williams, Jim Kelly, Fred Marion) were recruited by Lou Saban. Alonzo and Jerome Brown were only freshman in 1983.

This is going to be the same thing. People just have to be patient but it's heading in the right direction.

Good points.
People forget that Schnellenberger and his staff had his "State of Miami" class raided when a bunch of local kids walked away from state LOI to sign with Michigan, Ohio State, Oklahoma and Alabama. We were talking something 8-10 kids.

Who the heck is Flo, and why should we put trust in him?
There's a lot of hate right now on the board for Flo, so I created this thread to track his prediction percentages

This week was a disaster, no two ways about it. We missed on a lot of good players who would help take us to the next level. And I still say a top 10 class is not good enough when we’re trying to win championships.

But for those of you too weak to handle that thought, here’s another one that’s also true…there’s still time left on the clock. We still have an elite staff of coaches and recruiters, we still have a ton to offer, and we still have a billionaire on our corner.

This weekend was a fail, but it happens. You get punched in the mouth, and you pick yourself up, dust it off, and get back in the ring for the next round. I’m still holding to the standard of a top 5 class, and I think we have the staff to get us there. Still a lot of good players on the board.
You win some you lose some. We weren’t missing at one point, we recruiting with the top

Advertisement
Good points.
People forget that Schnellenberger and his staff had his "State of Miami" class raided when a bunch of local kids walked away from state LOI to sign with Michigan, Ohio State, Oklahoma and Alabama. We were talking something 8-10 kids.
Yep, that always has and always will affect us. We just have to get our share and get the "right ones".

After a bad weekend, I was amazed at the negativity and chicken littles running around this board and folks doubting Mario after just two losses. For the last 15 years or so, we were moaning and groaning about "stealing" or losing "hidden gems" from the WVUs, USFs, Rutgers, Marylands etc. of football. Now were going up against the Bamas, UGAs, Clemsons, OSUs, 8&4s of the world. Totally different ballgame. We're running with the big boys and we're going to lose a number of battles, time to put on your big boy pants

Advertisement
Advertisement
Good points.
This was a bit before my time. I would love the details on this info AND how much do those guys regret leaving knowing Miami became a pop culture phenomenon.

Best month recruiting in the history of our program and …… “where the **** is this 2nd wave?”
To be fair in regards to those questioning the results, multiple insiders have alluded to the incoming wave; so it’s not like these people are b!tching out of the blue. Still too early to be whining imo, it hasn’t even been 24 hours post BBQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back