Rumor 2nd REALLY STRONG Recruiting Wave About to Hit

Status
Not open for further replies.
IncompleteOrneryHarlequinbug-size_restricted.gif

Advertisement
I have full confidence in this staff that they'll land majority of their guys and has us in top 7 or 8 recruiting class, and most likely still land Bryant and Bonsu it's just tremendous hype for this week was premature

Advertisement
Consider what Howard did to win his first championship. He came in and had a monster recruiting class - not that 247 and Rivals existed back then, but he convinced guys like Highsmith to stay home.

The steps between come when the 5-star kids are young freshmen. Sign the #1 class this year and next year we win the division, stack another class and in 2 years we win the conference and make the playoff. Stack 3 in a row and in the third or fourth year, we win the natty.
Schellenberger did a great job in improving the overall roster, but it was not with a monster class. It was a gradual build up and many of the key pieces (Lester Williams, Jim Kelly, Fred Marion) were recruited by Lou Saban. Alonzo and Jerome Brown were only freshman in 1983.

This is going to be the same thing. People just have to be patient but it's heading in the right direction.

Everyone needs to chill. Kirkland could be a good player but today he’s SOFT. Aguero hurts a lot but the game was old school and we weren’t willing to play that way (also went to defending champs). Olaus went to Bama, best program in the last decade and a half.

IF we win, we will be top 5. CHILL and try enjoy and have some perspective. We’re WORKING ON IT

This week was a disaster, no two ways about it. We missed on a lot of good players who would help take us to the next level. And I still say a top 10 class is not good enough when we’re trying to win championships.

But for those of you too weak to handle that thought, here’s another one that’s also true…there’s still time left on the clock. We still have an elite staff of coaches and recruiters, we still have a ton to offer, and we still have a billionaire on our corner.

This weekend was a fail, but it happens. You get punched in the mouth, and you pick yourself up, dust it off, and get back in the ring for the next round. I’m still holding to the standard of a top 5 class, and I think we have the staff to get us there. Still a lot of good players on the board.
Zzz Ok GIF by Jim Gaffigan

This week was a disaster, no two ways about it. We missed on a lot of good players who would help take us to the next level. And I still say a top 10 class is not good enough when we’re trying to win championships.

But for those of you too weak to handle that thought, here’s another one that’s also true…there’s still time left on the clock. We still have an elite staff of coaches and recruiters, we still have a ton to offer, and we still have a billionaire on our corner.

This weekend was a fail, but it happens. You get punched in the mouth, and you pick yourself up, dust it off, and get back in the ring for the next round. I’m still holding to the standard of a top 5 class, and I think we have the staff to get us there. Still a lot of good players on the board.
If you understood what it takes to win you would see that we hit a home run with this class in the trenches so far and will continue to build off it. That is where games are won and lost.

Advertisement
99% sure that top wave is Teahupo'o and it's the scariest wave (The Right and Shipstern's Bluff freak me out) on the planet while also being the most glorious. Code Red 2 just happened there and it was pumping. The waves were big enough thay you could literally tow a house through them.
It's also the next stop on the WSL tour this year.

99% sure that top wave is Teahupo'o and it's the scariest wave (The Right and Shipstern's Bluff freak me out) on the planet while also being the most glorious. Code Red 2 just happened there and it was pumping. The waves were big enough thay you could literally tow a house through them.

Yeah that's a scary top heavy wave that sucks up so fast it's amazing. The Box in Australia is a heavy but smaller version of it. Maui fired up on the same swell this weekend...long fast big sets per a vid on twitter.

Mario made the comments midweek. They knew Alinen was Bama, they weren't recruiting PK anymore, and Aguero was always expected to pick UGA. Mario was not referring to this weekend as the end all be all

Gonna be a lot of receipts pulled from this meltdown if Mario lands some commits over the next couple weeks
This...

We just need to win Saturdays…the rest will take care of itself. Mario just got here for God’s sakes…let’s play a season, perhaps some of these new kids get pt and it’ll speak for itself next recruiting cycle. We done well so far imo.
Disagree with this. Texas and ATM didn’t win on Saturdays. Tennessee and LSU, same thing; and yet, they’re doing just fine with recruiting.

We’re also doing well recruiting, just not this last week. I’m just addressing the excuse, not the overall product of the class.

Advertisement
Yeah that's a scary top heavy wave that sucks up so fast it's amazing. The Box in Australia is a heavy but smaller version of it. Maui fired up on the same swell this weekend...long fast big sets per a vid on twitter.

It was going off all over the place. The guys that ride these giant waves are bonkers. Yesx they're pros, but one wrong wipeout on these monsters can take your life. They've got jet skis to tow them into waves that you can't catch paddling in, but more importantly they're also there for safety. They've saved a lot of lives with them, that and float suits.

I saw Step Into Liquid and Riding Giants years ago and have been hooked on something I'd never do. When you wipe out, you're basically in the liquid version of an avalanche with reefs and hold downs from all that churning water. What a life though some of them have, chasing these monsters around the globe.

Advertisement
The best thing about this week if there is a best thing is that not one of these kids signed an LOI.If we win 9-10 games this year there’s a chance that at least some of them might change their mind and jump on to what they will be able to see is the U headed back to the top…

I doubt Mario and staff is going to stop contacting any of the kids they still want just like I doubt Bama,UGA etc are going to stop contacting the kids that committed here.

Until there’s ink to the paper it ain’t over till it’s over…..let’s go have a great season and then we will see whose standing in line with a pen in December.

It was going off all over the place. The guys that ride these giant waves are bonkers. Yesx they're pros, but one wrong wipeout on these monsters can take your life. They've got jet skis to tow them into waves that you can't catch paddling in, but more importantly they're also there for safety. They've saved a lot of lives with them, that and float suits.

I saw Step Into Liquid and Riding Giants years ago and have been hooked on something I'd never do. When you wipe out, you're basically in the liquid version of an avalanche with reefs and hold downs from all that churning water. What a life though some of them have, chasing these monsters around the globe.

I surfed Ollie's Point and Witches Rock off west coast Costa Rica back in 98 on a nice swell...Witches Rock is sketchy cause there's a river mouth there with crocs in the ocean. Surfed Lanzarote (Canary Islands) in 99...lot of shallow reef. Those guys riding Mavericks/Navarre/Waimea/Teahupoo are nuts.

I surfed Ollie's Point and Witches Rock off west coast Costa Rica back in 98 on a nice swell...Witches Rock is sketchy cause there's a river mouth there with crocs in the ocean. Surfed Lanzarote (Canary Islands) in 99...lot of shallow reef. Those guys riding Mavericks/Navarre/Waimea/Teahupoo are nuts.
Big wave riding is for macho ******** with a death wish.

Disagree with this. Texas and ATM didn’t win on Saturdays. Tennessee and LSU, same thing; and yet, they’re doing just fine with recruiting.

We’re also doing well recruiting, just not this last week. I’m just addressing the excuse, not the overall product of the class.
That’s more like it. I can definitely see that. I just hate the doom & gloom sentiment around here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back