Rumor 2nd REALLY STRONG Recruiting Wave About to Hit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Falling Down Lol GIF by America's Funniest Home Videos

Not that it's profound or anything, but talking in terms of waves means there will be peaks AND valleys. Nobody but nobody scores a top ranked class before they've even coached a game at that school. There are only two first year coaches ahead of Mario in recruiting rankings right now and both of them are only above Mario because they have more recruits committed. Mario's average is still top 7? Until signing day, imo the average is the important part. The top 5 all have at least three more players committed.

1e1b0f76-ec06-4467-8041-369d0245b0f7_text.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
This week was a disaster, no two ways about it. We missed on a lot of good players who would help take us to the next level. And I still say a top 10 class is not good enough when we’re trying to win championships.

But for those of you too weak to handle that thought, here’s another one that’s also true…there’s still time left on the clock. We still have an elite staff of coaches and recruiters, we still have a ton to offer, and we still have a billionaire on our corner.

This weekend was a fail, but it happens. You get punched in the mouth, and you pick yourself up, dust it off, and get back in the ring for the next round. I’m still holding to the standard of a top 5 class, and I think we have the staff to get us there. Still a lot of good players on the board.

Respectfully disagree a little...you don't go from where we have been for the last twenty years to winning championships. There's at least a few steps in between. We have to win our division and our conference consistently before we talk championships. Top ten classes get you to that and when you are there consistently you get the classes that get you championships. Just my Opinion.

Seems that 2nd wave hit the reef and got broken up….

Mario made the comments midweek. They knew Alinen was Bama, they weren't recruiting PK anymore, and Aguero was always expected to pick UGA. Mario was not referring to this weekend as the end all be all

Gonna be a lot of receipts pulled from this meltdown if Mario lands some commits over the next couple weeks.

Advertisement
How does anyone know what Smith was talking about with his tweets. Does he have a translation button or is everyone just assuming “x” tweet is referring to ______.

No one knows what each tweet means. We are recruiting a lot more guys then this board even knows about. **** if you look at the front page right now people think we are recruiting about 6 guys and just missed on 3 of them.

Calm the F down. Its July. The season hasn't even started. We have locked up a ton of talent already and we are going to get a bunch more that we would have otherwise had no business with. We will have a top 10 class then reel in a top 5 class next year. We wont get everyone and thats OK. Stop freaking out when we miss out on someone who we had too big of a mountain to climb for. We will be FINE! We have started to beef up our line with our current commits and if u dont get excited about that then I cant help you. I for one see what we got so far and see what we are realistically going to get and I couldn't be more excited. Enjoy it canes family. We are good!

Advertisement
Respectfully disagree a little...you don't go from where we have been for the last twenty years to winning championships. There's at least a few steps in between. We have to win our division and our conference consistently before we talk championships. Top ten classes get you to that and when you are there consistently you get the classes that get you championships. Just my Opinion.

Consider what Howard did to win his first championship. He came in and had a monster recruiting class - not that 247 and Rivals existed back then, but he convinced guys like Highsmith to stay home.

The steps between come when the 5-star kids are young freshmen. Sign the #1 class this year and next year we win the division, stack another class and in 2 years we win the conference and make the playoff. Stack 3 in a row and in the third or fourth year, we win the natty.

Man I just want to let things play out less hype is all I want

Going to have to get off social media I guess. Probably don't even check these boards until December.

Twitter and message boards, by their very nature, are the opposite of just letting things play out. I agree with you that our fanbase has a tendency to go to extremes, but it works both ways. We land FM, suddenly everyone's coming. Dont get Alinen/Aguero, suddenly recruiting is awful. Neither is true.

We got a coach that's an elite recruiter and a great staff. Just got to have a little confidence that missing on certain recruits doesnt mean we wont get ours too.

D Smith is only playing his role and everything he does on Twitter is greenlit by Mario.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back