We seem to be doing ok.

#1 OT committed
#1 DE committed
#1 TE committed
One of the top QB committed
Two of the top WR's committed
One of the top LB 'scommitted
One of the top DB's committed
No one should be complaining about the current class.

But it’s ok to say we got stuffed in a bodybag by the upper-echelon programs this weekend, and got called poor.

Advertisement

But it’s ok to say we got stuffed in a bodybag by the upper-echelon programs this weekend, and got called poor.

Yet some absolutely seem like they are complaining.
As far as stuffing into body bags or whatever the recruiting fan new saying is..it doesn't really matter.
We beat them last week...they beat us this week...we will battle again next week.
I just find really strange some comments that make it seem like we are completely falling on our face.

Last edited:
Yet some absolutely seem like they are complaining.
As far as stuffing into body bags or whatever the recruiting fan new saying is..it doesn't really matter.
We beat them last week...they beat us this week...we will battle again next week.
I just find really strange some comments that make it seem like we are completely falling on our face.
Think it’s more to do with the beating of the chest from the last few weeks (fans, staff personnel, Twitter warriors, etc.) and what we thought was going to be a week we continue to snag top targets, only to fizzle out. Reminiscent of previous staffs.

Except it’s nothing like them, and those staffs wouldn’t have gotten Francis, Wayne, Popo, etc.

It’s ok to say this week might be disappointing regarding where we stood just eight days ago, just like it’s ok to say we will be more than fine long term.

Think it’s more to do with the beating of the chest from the last few weeks (fans, staff personnel, Twitter warriors, etc.) and what we thought was going to be a week we continue to snag top targets, only to fizzle out. Reminiscent of previous staffs.

Except it’s nothing like them, and those staffs wouldn’t have gotten Francis, Wayne, Popo, etc.

It’s ok to say this week might be disappointing regarding where we stood just eight days ago, just like it’s ok to say we will be more than fine long term.
There really is PTSD from previous staffs inability to recruit, lose a recruit, and have already landed some studs and have others on the hook to fill the opening.
It’s crazy how often I find myself just thinking “we ain’t gonna get this guy, or that guy” only for Mario to get that dude!
We will have to be patient with people…lol

Advertisement

Agree!

Of our current commits, who do we have if we still had Manny? That’s Manny without Rhett, Likens and T Rob. Maybe we do have as Ponce as OC.

I think we’d have Emory. Maybe we discover Frankie. Nobody else.

It is when the weekend hasn’t even occurred….

All these commitment dates either moved to the 23rd or already scheduled for today...big day coming

Advertisement
So is Miami being used as a negotiation ploy at this point? CBs rolled in a momentum completely turned.

I recall Ruiz saying he doesn't renegotiate deals.
He was referring to signed completed deals like college athletes are permitted to sign.

Advertisement
So, give it to me straight-I have recruiting PTSD from decades of torture. Are we getting zippo this weekend?

When is the next big wave coming our way?

So is Miami being used as a negotiation ploy at this point? CBs rolled in a momentum completely turned.

I recall Ruiz saying he doesn't renegotiate deals.
It’s a good thing Ruiz isn’t discussing NIL deals until the player gets on campus 😉

Advertisement

I think many are taking a short-term view and looking for the immediate thrill of a commit. Many new to this don't realize that it's more likely a roller coaster until signing day. It's best to hold on and avoid falling off.

rollercoaster.gif

tsunami GIF

we have been on a rolling tsunami for 8 months now and some of you panicking like we just missed the wave where a fat guy jumps in a pool

summer jump GIF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back