Rumor 2nd REALLY STRONG Recruiting Wave About to Hit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
bye-slide.gif

#TheWave

Advertisement
You know how most normal people just watch the games but they don't follow recruiting and have no idea of the storylines and subplots about how the players end up on the team? I wonder if they're happier.
As someone who never followed recruiting until last month, I can tell you that yes, normal fans are happier.

Advertisement
Man, I almost wish I could go back to when there was no social media, or widespread internet penetration in recruiting...

Imagine if you will, for the most part of the last the last 15 years - without knowledge of recruiting losses, a MONTH... in which we land Jayden Wayne, Francis Mauigoa, Jaden Rashada, Riley Williams, RayRay Joseph, Raul Aguirre and Robert Stafford.

Back off the ledge my friends. Don't get emotional, irrational or unrealistically greedy.

There’s something to be said for managing the expectations of a tortured fan base.
True, but my question came about because of the disconnect between the first tweets and the recent one. If the staff wants to manage expectations, why set them ablaze so deliberately only to have to come back and spray some water? I'm guessing we won't see a series like that again unless there's some certainty in immediate results.

Advertisement
We seem to be doing ok.

#1 OT committed
#1 DE committed
#1 TE committed
One of the top QB committed
Two of the top WR's committed
One of the top LB 'scommitted
One of the top DB's committed
And it’s July…

Those here that know what Mario will do understand he’ll close with the best class we’ve had since Butch.

The others can go suck a ****

Advertisement
Man, I almost wish I could go back to when there was no social media, or widespread internet penetration in recruiting...

Imagine if you will, for the most part of the last the last 15 years - without knowledge of recruiting losses, a MONTH... in which we land Jayden Wayne, Francis Mauigoa, Jaden Rashada, Riley Williams, RayRay Joseph, Raul Aguirre and Robert Stafford.

Back off the ledge my friends. Don't get emotional, irrational or unrealistically greedy.
people thought cuz we got bags now we get everyone we want.

we will get ours but bama and the other bag schools aint gonna sit back and let us take all the 5 stars.

True, but my question came about because of the disconnect between the first tweets and the recent one. If the staff wants to manage expectations, why set them ablaze so deliberately only to have to come back and spray some water? I'm guessing we won't see a series like that again unless there's some certainty in immediate results.
I was agreeing w you. I don’t think it makes sense at all… if anything keep expectations low, that way they can’t help but overachieve? I have to think it was all calculated… so we’ll see if it was a mistake or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back