2nd annual: Ranking the Understated 2024 Signees

View as article
Clark can play ball. Also at a position where we need experience. I think he’ll be a pleasant surprise.

Go Canes!

Advertisement
Not sure. Brian Smith on Locked On Canes said he loves the kid, saw him make the game winning interception to put his team into the playoffs. Said he can play boundary corner or safety, super versatile, great hips, legit 4.5 speed. Other than that, I know nothing about this kid's recruitment except Guidry loves him. Hopefully Guidry specials > Manny specials.
While I agree that Day can play either Boundary CB or Free Safety, I think he is best suited for the Nickel position here. It will be very interesting to see how he develops. Ryan Mack is another very under the radar type recruit who quietly has an excellent senior year. The big question for me with Mack is where he fits best. Is he a CB or a Safety here. He could be another one in addition to Dylan Day who could be best at the Nickel position in Guidry's system. I can see Mack as a very solid utility DB. A jack of all trades type that Guidry could plug in anywhere. That's my opinion as a layman and would be very interested to read what @LuCane and @Lance Roffers have to say about these two plus Romanas Frederique.

There were some absolutely freakish DTs in this years class. Breland, Stone, Scott….all wild to watch

But like you when I saw Jones’ film I’m like if you took away all the numbers and told me this dude is the #1 recruit in the country…I would be like yeah I get that. I’ve never really seen film like it before

Not putting those lofty expectations on him but just removing myself from the ranking biases

I’m also all about the LBs so everything you said was spot on
Spot on brother! This is exactly the same impression I got from watching Artavious Jones in his highlight clips. He has that freakishly explosive high level athleticism that comes to mind when you think of past UM greats like Warren Sapp or dare I say Jerome Brown. Not saying Jones will be like those two just that he has that rare athleticism/size combination that was strikingly apparent in the two HOF players I mentioned. Jones, Scott and Blount are an absolutely sick trip at DT.

Advertisement
Spot on brother! This is exactly the same impression I got from watching Artavious Jones in his highlight clips. He has that freakishly explosive high level athleticism that comes to mind when you think of past UM greats like Warren Sapp or dare I say Jerome Brown. Not saying Jones will be like those two just that he has that rare athleticism/size combination that was strikingly apparent in the two HOF players I mentioned. Jones, Scott and Blount are an absolutely sick trip at DT.
Yessir! I think the only question with Jones was his competition and I don’t believe he made the rounds at camps like some of the others

I know he’s got some freakish weight room numbers but I want to see what happens when he gets in a real S&C program. It’s a lot more than just benching and deadlifting

While I agree that Day can play either Boundary CB or Free Safety, I think he is best suited for the Nickel position here. It will be very interesting to see how he develops. Ryan Mack is another very under the radar type recruit who quietly has an excellent senior year. The big question for me with Mack is where he fits best. Is he a CB or a Safety here. He could be another one in addition to Dylan Day who could be best at the Nickel position in Guidry's system. I can see Mack as a very solid utility DB. A jack of all trades type that Guidry could plug in anywhere. That's my opinion as a layman and would be very interested to read what @LuCane and @Lance Roffers have to say about these two plus Romanas Frederique.
All of the CB/S tweener prospects this year have traits that make you see why they were recruited. That said, none of them stand out as high probability starters or more.

Mack is a high character kid with verified strong testing. He faced some elite WR’s this year and punched back a few times.

Day is an undersized kid that has more of a knack for plays.

Freqerique is a hip/frame bet who played good comp and has versatility.

I’ll do a ranking of the recruits as I see them on film, but I’ve been down for a few days ill.

Advertisement
Back