26 Spots on the Boat: Pre-Fall Camp Edition

View as article
The DL really needs some of the young guys to step up. If they do, we can be more creative with sub groupings. Garvin and Rousseau, if they can provide some nice waves, allow, on say, 3rd down, to kick in Jackson...If Tito can give us some solid Anthony Moten type production with his (hopefully) <400 snaps, it allows you to use Nesta a little more creatively to help create that interior rush.

Would like to see us use the big boys at WR a little better...thought Rosier, when asked to hit Langham and Cager on skinny posts and slants he did fine. They had big wide catch radius' that negated Rosier's poor ball placement. The same throws ended up incompletes when tried with the shorter guys. Also, who fills Berrios' role as the 5-10 yard outs from the slot guy or the guy who finds and sits in a zone as the dumpoff is going to be important. His feel for that slot and getting open and making clutch catches is going to be tough to fill. Curious to see who fills that role. It won't be Richards or Thomas or the tallboys...so seeing if someone can fill that roll is going to be interesting...a lot of clutch situations last year were created by Berrios and his feel for that slot role. Not sure if anyone can do that right now.

The kid from Miami Southridge. He is making noise

Advertisement
Our rotation will be interesting. So you think it goes:

Ford, Tito, Miller
Willis, Bethel, Nesta

3rd down might see Jackson and Willis or something like that.
3rd down id like to see Rosseau An Garvin at De and the Jacksons at DT!!!

Great write-up Stefan really liked the format as well. Also great to see we have only 4 Seniors in the top part of the rankings. That means the recruiting Richt has been doing is paying off dividends. I know the 2019 class has been rather slow in terms of building but the 2020 class is off the charts already. Would love for you to do a mid-season then end of the year rankings as well. So we can see how the guys faired out, especially after how well they did from Spring into Fall into the season.

Great write-up Stefan really liked the format as well. Also great to see we have only 4 Seniors in the top part of the rankings. That means the recruiting Richt has been doing is paying off dividends. I know the 2019 class has been rather slow in terms of building but the 2020 class is off the charts already. Would love for you to do a mid-season then end of the year rankings as well. So we can see how the guys faired out, especially after how well they did from Spring into Fall into the season.

I look at this from the totally opposite perspective....yes we only have 4 seniors, but the whole top 9 are upperclassmen. And let's be real, this is Miami, so you have to expect at least most (if not all) of the Juniors to jump to the league next year.

I don't want to turn this into an NFL early entry discussion, but it would be a shame to waste this year with something like poor QB play or poor OL play, because there's a very good chance the Top 9 kids on this team are gone next year, and the top 4 and 5 of the top 7 are on defense.

2017 has been the year I looked towards since the day Golden was fired. I expected to have a more top talent QB, but I looked at the 3 backers, kids like Quan, Joe Jackson, Richards, Redwine etc and had a feeling this would be the year that the experience and talent meshed.

3rd down id like to see Rosseau An Garvin at De and the Jacksons at DT!!!

You don't want our best edge rusher and potential first-round NFL talent rushing the passer off the edge on money downs?

Come on, that's silly. I agree totally with Demetrius Jackson sliding inside on 3rd downs, but ideally on 3rd and medium+ you want him and Willis in the middle with Joe Jackson and Garvin on the edges. Let Patchan and Rousseau rotate in occasionally, but mostly for Garvin. I want the kid with the most impact talent on the field on the money downs, at the spot where he can cause the most damage.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back