250 text message and 50 voice mail of wanting to be part...

Advertisement
Lord, I hope one is from Butch. Mark will make hay with Brad, but there is 4 years of crap to erase on the defensive side on the ball.

Butch wants to fix his mistake of leaving early. He just wants the U to dominate forever. He wanted to get the system in place, win an NC, and leave the team to someone else.

If Butch was being sincere, no reason he can't come in as DC, assistant HC, and recruiting director and establish a system.

It comes down to ego.

Advertisement
Butch wants to fix his mistake of leaving early. He just wants the U to dominate forever. He wanted to get the system in place, win an NC, and leave the team to someone else.

If Butch was being sincere, no reason he can't come in as DC, assistant HC, and recruiting director and establish a system.

It comes down to ego.

OB, you are absolutely right. It comes down to ego and will Butch accept being under him when all of his last three coaching stints have been as head coach. At the same time though, will Richt be ok bringing him in knowing a lot of the fan base wanted Butch badly.

If Richt ever struggled by continuing to lose big games, which is very possible, then people would start clamoring for Butch to take over already being on staff. It would be ugly at that time so I don't know if it will end up happening even though I am big on Butch.

It comes down to ego.

OB, you are absolutely right. It comes down to ego and will Butch accept being under him when all of his last three coaching stints have been as head coach. At the same time though, will Richt be ok bringing him in knowing a lot of the fan base wanted Butch badly.

If Richt ever struggled by continuing to lose big games, which is very possible, then people would start clamoring for Butch to take over already being on staff. It would be ugly at that time so I don't know if it will end up happening even though I am big on Butch.

It would probably be in Butch's best interests to swallow his pride and lobby for a position to be on Mark Richt's staff. Besides Miami, who was really knocking down the door to bring him in as head coach? And I am saying this as someone who had Butch #1 on my list. At this point the only shot he will have at a head coaching gig is maybe at a non P5 school or even a lower level college. No big names are touching him because of that unfortunate stigma he has. The main reason he was considered for the Miami job the second time around was due to the tremendous support from fans, alumni, and former players. As mentioned earlier, this has the potential to get really ugly if MR doesn't turn things around quickly. But a staff with Richt as head coach and Butch as DC would be a dream scenario and set the college football world on fire.

Finebaum "I don't know who in their right mind would want that job"...........

Advertisement
Lord, I hope one is from Butch. Mark will make hay with Brad, but there is 4 years of crap to erase on the defensive side on the ball.

Geo said they met but I don't see how it would work with a split fanbase

I don't think anybody would say no to Richt and Butch as a team. Imagine the recruiting prowess they would have. Richt with his connections to high schools all over GA/NC and soon to be FL, and Butch with his eye for talent. Great team.

I don't think anybody would say no to Richt and Butch as a team. Imagine the recruiting prowess they would have. Richt with his connections to high schools all over GA/NC and soon to be FL, and Butch with his eye for talent. Great team.

Amen to that. I have issues with Mark but boy is the closer we have missed. Nice assembly line: Butch "Here Mark, close these and I'll go find some more."

Advertisement

I am a Butch guy but it would be easy to live with him as DC and recruiting czar. It is the defense that needs the old Cane attitude. Slick offense if fine. It was always our defense that defined us. Mark wants to be more hands on with offense, QB and play calling. That is the perfect situation for a HC to turn over more duties than usually and allow plenty for Butch to bring to the table. Our fan base is always split. Heck, I hated Dennis' stupid one back offense and little girl short passes, but two NCs takes care of a lot. If Mark can add Butch, I think if unites us much better. The division would then be all the Chip lovers.

Advertisement

It comes down to ego.

If JJ was HC and started losing big games we would start clamoring. This is Miami and Mark needs to win no matter what. He must know that. I saw where Mark said he like our old 4-3. Who better to run it? I think most of us Butch people wanted his recruiting, his defense and attitude(I always worried about his game day). I think it could well be the best of both worlds.

Don't you know that Butch can cure cancer, destroy ISIS, and solve global warming.....he's the savior, the messiah. No one can do more than him!

Jesus christ this is fully like the Tebow thing. They just won't let the Butch nonsense die.

Advertisement
Back