247 Update on Admin Changes

A miami lawyer (who dabbles in Real Estate on the side) involved in a pre-revenue business centered around incorrect medicare and medicaid payments valued at 10.5x PROJECTED revenues due to proprietary technology he developed with a team of engineers.

Where to even begin on how this will go wrong....
Who cares? He either ponies up money or he doesn’t.

Advertisement
That's literally all of the 3 possibilities

Manny stays
Mario
Someone other than Mario

Let me know if you can name another possible scenario that doesn't fit into one of those buckets...
We hire an ex-HC as an AD and he promptly names himself the HC

Thats all I got.

That's literally all of the 3 possibilities

Manny stays
Mario
Someone other than Mario

Let me know if you can name another possible scenario that doesn't fit into one of those buckets...
Man one more year of manny is gonna bury this program
That would mean 2 garbage classes back to back
Gonna be hard to dig out of that

Who cares? He either ponies up money or he doesn’t.
He's not getting $20 billion in cash from this transaction The success of his business matters if we're trying to play big boy ball with Phil Knight long-term

Either way that wasn't my point. Its just his whole background and business just screams Miami scam

Advertisement
can confirm
Doesn't matter though right....I mean boosters business is their business.....Had our kids not been getting $$$ from Shapiro, or caught/confessed, to taking money from him, Miami wouldn't have felt anything from that situation. Tony Montana could've donated $$$ to our school and nothing would be said of it.

Is there a legal issue I'm missing here from the universities standpoint?

I thin the Johnson hire was a good outside the box decision. Their academic standards make that a tough place to recruit, so they won’t be able to out athlete anyone. They needed to go the unconventional route.
It's certainly debatable. They did go to two Orange Bowls in like his first 6 years. It obviously wasn't a model built for sustained success just based off of the inherent recruiting limitations of the system alone even as they exist in and near fertile recruiting grounds but (as you mentioned) as an upper echelon academic institutions with the accompanying standards.

Radakovich was at LSU prior and now Clemson after so even if someone hates the triple option with a passion it's not like the guy lacks a more than impressive resume otherwise.

Last edited:
idkkk man. Richt got us the IPF that Manny benefited from and made Cane football fun again, at least for a season. Yes he wanted to call plays and had some nepotism and loyalty issues but don't forget, what looks like our star QB of the future was recruited by Enos. I agree Manny gave us an updated offense and we have seen some young guys start to flash but that '18 recruiting class (Richt's final year) was top 10 in the nation under any service so at that time we all had high hopes for them as well.

The '19 class, Manny's first year was rough. Ranked 27th with 18 enrollees, from that 18, over half (10) J. Payton, C. Williams, Huff, Blisset, Cam Williams, Hodges, Brooks, Holley, ElGammal, Matchoa, Are all busts.

We went portal heavy with Nnoruka, Asa martin, Tate, Phillips, Bubba, KJ and Kennedy, mixed bag there.

You know Enos was hired by Manny, right? TVD was a Manny recruit, not CMR. Richt was definitely a HUGE part of getting the IFP built. It's his legacy, actually, and nicely covers up some of the failures we had during his time. And I am not blaming all those failures on him, to be clear.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Yea that would be worse case scenario
Manny is basically a cancer that needs to be cut out NOW
No need to give him a year
Exactly. If you're hiring an AD that needs to get his feet wet and isn't in tune with college football enough to know what has to be done.. you're not hiring the right guy.

It's also more desirable when you can hire a guy and say the cash is there to get rid of Manny and get Mario Cristobal right when you start or someone in the same price range such as Kiffin. In the next year or 2, we're probably gonna have to make a change for basketball. Not sure how you navigate the baseball situation but it's a relevant possibility too.

Agree that loyalty to Phil will play a role here in Mario’s decision. I just think the opportunity is to good to pass up. Especially with a top caliber AD and more money than the program’s ever had.
If Mario comes to Miami, I'd imagine (and hope) that Nike/Jordan Brand will come with him to Coral Gables. A way of maintaining the relationship if you will.

Lets agree to disagree? She was great for the school, bad for football.

You said Donna "didn't give a ****." I am explaining why that's absurd.

TBH there is nothing to agree or disagree about. She got everything I wrote above done. That's not debatable. She made more capital improvements for sports than all other UM presidents in our history combined. Fact. BUC, Schwartz, Cobb, A-Rod Park, Schiff, Hecht. And more.

Do you remember where we played basketball games and where we had commencement before Donna did the impossible and got the BUC built on-campus, in Coral Gables?

You want to say we didn't win under her, fine. That's cool. Bad coaching choices? Yup. You want to say it was all her fault? Well, no, that's silly. Is she absolutely partly to blame? OF COURSE. But most of it was due to decades of neglect and the timing of the CFB arms race. If we had had Donna in the 70's, 80's or 90's, when Tad Foote etc. were talking about killing football, wow, the sky's the limit as to what we could have achieved.

You're one of the smartest guys on here. See the whole field.

He's not getting $20 billion in cash from this transaction The success of his business matters if we're trying to play big boy ball with Phil Knight long-term

Either way that wasn't my point. Its just his whole background and business just screams Miami scam
I understand your skepticism. But my point stands. It doesn’t matter. If the school makes an offer to Mario, or if Mario accepts the offer, because of a belief that this guy is going to pledge millions, it doesn’t matter if that belief ultimately proves to be misplaced. Mario is still in the boat and Miami will find the money elsewhere.

Advertisement
Looks like he read the board and posted all the names we had been talking about. Still, happy to see Jurich on there. Didn't think the school had the balls to go after him just because he's not squeaky clean. He was cleared of everything, but figured the allegations alone would mean he wouldn't be considered.
Well, we kept Coach L, after he was “cleared” of everything.

If Mario comes to Miami, I'd imagine (and hope) that Nike/Jordan Brand will come with him to Coral Gables. A way of maintaining the relationship if you will.
As much as I would love that, I don't see Phil letting that go down especially if Mario turns him down on staying at OU

Advertisement

Jurich is hooked up with Adidas and UMs contract with Adidas runs through 2027. It's good though to have all bases covered, competition=more money. If UM starts winning, I think Adidas would start pouring in even more resources to highlight the program as its flagship university. Adidas isn't a cool brand, but the University of Miami is.

As much as I would love that, I don't see Phil letting that go down especially if Mario turns him down on staying at OU
I can see that happening too, but if they respect each other as much as we're hearing, I think Phil would understand the pull of home, and would want the connection to stay in some shape or form.

May just be wishful thinking. I feel Mario would want to have Nike in house after being dang near in Nike for the last few years.

Mario coming home, and Nike coming with, would be a BOOM in merchandise sales.

Jurich is hooked up with Adidas and UMs contract with Adidas runs through 2027. It's good though to have all bases covered, competition=more money. If UM starts winning, I think Adidas would start pouring in even more resources to highlight the program as its flagship university. Adidas isn't a cool brand, but the University of Miami is.
And Jurich just from what little I've heard about him, would be the logical choice at AD.

Would be interesting little side plot of this whole thing.

Advertisement
Back