247 Update on Admin Changes

I wonder what the fine details are of that deal. I’m sure the buyout probably starts fairly high but I wouldn’t be surprised if dropped considerably after years 3 or 4. At least I’d structure it that way if I was paying him $9 Million/year off of a season and a half.

"... As the Free Press reported, Tucker's new deal is expected to run for 10 years and pay him $95 million total — $9.5 million annually — putting him in the upper echelon not just in college coaches, but all American sports..."

👆The break in CFB has occured. No way P5 conferences survive this in their present form. Super La Liga is on the way.

Advertisement
How much of a tax shelter is it for boosters to donate ridiculous money to schools or athletic programs. It’s the only way I seeing this being sustainable.
95 million to Mel tucker??!!

What Miami need to also do is enlist the rich people for the stadium, and make it a place u can host concerts and events, that would pay for alot. 50k. Dont go half way and get soft. Do everything in one, create a crazy buzz
Where?

Don't say Tropical Park either. That would be a traffic nightmare

Advertisement
There are two perfect locations, all we have to do is spend the money and get the City of Miami to cooperate.
mas and co. have been trying to do the deal with the city for inter miami for about 2 years and it hasn't really advanced much. it is 3 steps forward 2.95555 backwards. so cooperation is difficult, to say the least.

"... As the Free Press reported, Tucker's new deal is expected to run for 10 years and pay him $95 million total — $9.5 million annually — putting him in the upper echelon not just in college coaches, but all American sports..."

👆The break in CFB has occured. No way P5 conferences survive this in their present form. Super La Liga is on the way.
This was a unique situation , he came in and instantly turned them around and made people forget why the last staff is gone. It’s still beyond crazy to pay him that. I know he could leave but we don’t know if he’s the real deal yet or not. Dropping that much money into a guy with his resume is dangerous as F.

This was a unique situation , he came in and instantly turned them around and made people forget why the last staff is gone. It’s still beyond crazy to pay him that. I know he could leave but we don’t know if he’s the real deal yet or not. Dropping that much money into a guy with his resume is dangerous as F.
Those two MSU boosters went full Simple Jack.

Never go full Simple Jack.

His contract is going to have very broad repercussions in CFB... watch out now.

Mannnnn F them lol. What's our TL looking like Crib lmao, AD wise. I know we have to wait a bit longer on Mario

Advertisement
Name them?

Also where do you think the majority of Season ticket holders live?

1. Douglas Road, between NW 7th Street and NW 11th Street. It is a dirt mall currently, and I don't want to hear a **** word about "future development plans". If you want the site, pay for the site. The footprint is, literally, larger than what we had at the Orange Bowl. Very close to the Mas brothers' soccer project at Melreese, and the parking at the football stadium could be used by Inter Miami (with shuttles running along Douglas).

2. Due east of the Marlins' stadium. 8 square blocks of old replaceable buildings. Identical footprint to the Marlins' stadium. Raze those 8 blocks, build football, use the existing parking garages, all other parking could be "tailgate" type lots. Yes, you would need City of Miami to cooperate on eminent domain and/or bond issuance. You could work out a situation where the new stadium could be connected to the Med School, maybe use the site for overflow/employee parking, maybe use the luxury boxes for medical conference rooms, etc. You could also put all the "new" football offices (necessitated by hiring a ****-ton more support staff) in the new stadium.

3. Inter Miami stadium at Melreese - yes, I realize this would have MASSIVE parking issues to resolve, but it would be on an existing mass-transit line, so Palm Beach/Broward would have some transit options. I know, I know, the CURRENT plan for the stadium is 25K, but if you look at the artist renderings, it is just a "single bowl" structure. I'm no architect, but I've been in enough stadiums to know that if you added an upper deck, you could create a seating capacity that could approach 60,000. Now, parking...different story.

I know **** well where the majority of season ticket holders live. I am a season ticket holder. I live in Orlando.

Bottom line, all three of those sites are, essentially, where the Orange Bowl was. Right off the Dolphin (most games will be on Saturday, stop whining). An extra 15-20 minutes south for people coming from the north (drive time, who knows about parking options at Melreese), with potential access to rail transit. INFINITELY closer for UM students.

I know, I know, there will be a bunch of Miami-area experts who will chime in to tell us how none of those options work. Whatever. I started at UM in 1986, I have seen MASSIVE changes to Dade County. Entire areas bulldozed, new stuff built. Very little in Dade is permanent and untouchable. Two great options and one challenging option (Melreese).

100%, jury still out for me, I lean towards lucky year and this agent just committed highway robbery. When you dive into their schedule it's suspect outside of Michigan, also an overrated team. They don't have Kenneth Walker and they don't even beat a hobbling King/Diaz team. But I guess we'll see, he has some good qualities.

Advertisement
Current rendering of Miami Freedom Park (Inter Miami CF stadium at Melreese). Raise the roof, build an upper bowl.

Site plan (almost no parking, as you can see); Inter Miami stadium is on the north side of the Melreese property:

1637267506243.png

Overhead site plan (the Douglas dirt mall is outside of the photo to the south/bottom of the photo, the Inter Miami stadium is on the north/top of the photo); the one parking structure appears to be along the left side of the property, along LeJeune:

1637267606599.png

Last edited:
Current rendering of Miami Freedom Park (Inter Miami CF stadium at Melreese). Raise the roof, build an upper bowl.

Site plan (almost no parking, as you can see); Inter Miami stadium is on the north side of the Melreese property:

View attachment 161756

Overhead site plan (the Douglas dirt mall is outside of the photo to the south/bottom of the photo, the Inter Miami stadium is on the north/top of the photo):

View attachment 161757
How does this relate to Miami?

Advertisement
On the WC, it’s late not early. Lol.

Short story: We’ve been f’ing up on the field!!!

Detailed Story:

Nike provided us w/ new unis in 2014, new design, & tech, just off strength. The 2014 season happened & instead of firing Golden after the entire off season & on-field debacle, we kept him. Nike, seeing our lack of commitment, made us an offer based upon the market tier we placed ourselves in from 2005-2015. Blake felt it was low and went into a bidding war between Adidas & UA. Adidas, desperate to rebrand itself, as well, decided to make us a lucrative offer, in which Nike refused to match.

Adidas gambled on us, thinking they attached themselves to a power, just like the ACC strategically placed us in The Coastal, & FSU vouched for us. We were supposed to be the crown jewel of the ACC and Adidas, just like we used to be Nike’s crown jewel.

We’ve literally let all of our suitors down, just collecting checks, which is y Adidas turned its attention to Washington, and went on record calling them it’s flagship school. Adidas biggest priority will now be Texas A&M starting next yr, especially what Jimbo has cooking. Why? B/c Adidas has been searching to have a P5 school that’s a force. All of the CFB powers r brand Nike. Adidas has by far & wide been a G5 sponsor. With that being said, Miami was supposed to be that for Adidas. They took a financial gamble on us from a brand & marketing standpoint.

7 yrs later & we’re collecting their checks & that’s bout it. Our merch has been dropping in price & not moving. U can find our latest “team shoe” on ****’s Sporting Goods from size 6.5 - 14 at a price at $130 instead of the original $180. We’ve not held up our end from an overall product standpoint, but still collecting their $. Part of Merch problems could be on Adidas’ failings as well, but we’re not helping them w/ our own perception.
Jimmy Fallon Waiting GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

I would assume a possible site to have a football stadium closer to campus. If they ever decided they wanted to do it

Yes.

If we are

--upping the budget
--paying for coaches
--acting like football is important

then maybe, just maybe, we might take a fresh look at the stadium question. No guarantees, but if UHealth is kicking us a half a billion of profits each year, then we might just be able to start thinking big.

Advertisement
Back