247 Transfer Portal

Advertisement
Advertisement
How could they rank Ezzard for example?
Unless the player actually played like Phillips and Hill, it would be almost impossible to rank them

Would be hard to rank/re rank them. But you could use factors like who were they playing ahead of or behind. But just re using grades from 2,3 or 4 years ago is bs. Osburn is still a 76 for example. He’s a starter or rotation type player for nearly any program in the country. He should definitely be ranked as a high 3 to a mid 4 star recruit.

Advertisement
Miami needs at least 2 more Cb, but I only see them getting 1. Regardless, if we do get one or 2 more CB i think Frierson should move back to safety.
We need him at CB. At S he'd be behind Hall, Carter, Knowles (sad but true), maybe Bolden, we have Smith coming in.

How could they rank Ezzard for example?
Unless the player actually played like Phillips and Hill, it would be almost impossible to rank them
For Ezzard it would be tough, but for people that have played like Campbell, especially if they are grad transfers, they should re-rank them. No way Campbell should still be a 5 star and Kennedy not be ranked. Not to mention how KJ Osborn has no right still being called a 2 star player. Make Campbell a 3 star and Kennedy/Osborn high 3 or 4 star players. Even players like Phillips should probably go from a high 5 star to a high 4 star/low 5 star. He wouldn't drop as much because his issues were injuries and not skill like Campbell.

With players like Ezzard who redshirted they should stay the same, unless something happened to change their minds. Even players that barely saw the field because of certain reasons can stay relatively the same like Bubba Bolden and Tate. But in those cases in-game minutes and spring games/practices should factor into if they should bump or lower a ranking. It would take time and effort by the 247 staff, similar to the recruiting section.

Otherwise I could do this list is 5 min on 247, just put all the transfers on a list saying what schools they are transferring from and to. They made it seem like this was going to be a new feature where they were putting in a ton of work that can only be found on 247 like their recruiting section.

Advertisement
We need him at CB. At S he'd be behind Hall, Carter, Knowles (sad but true), maybe Bolden, we have Smith coming in.
Nothing wrong with that, be behind knowles, I doubt, behind carter and Bolden probably, u need to be 3 deep. I guarantee if he moves back he will be in the 2nd rotation. Nothing wrong with him staying at cb if we don't have the depth, that's why I said if we get 2 or more he needs to move back to safety.

Is the staff waiting to see what happens signing day to go after DB’s?

I wouldn’t wait for any So Fl kid if there is decent talent in the portal. Our kids have not shown a good track record of picking us late. We can pick them up used in a couple years.

Advertisement
WR Carmoni Green from Miami Central
OLB/DE Guy Thomas from BTW
LB Nadarius ***an from Southridge

There's a sh*t ton of Illinois & Pen St players in the portal lol

If we add anybody else I would hope we go after RJ Proctor from UVA, he was a legit starter for them at LG & was graded by PFF with a 85.7 in pass protection (which is really good). Plus, he wouldn't have to sit out this year, he's a Junior GT.

A question I got for yall is would you consider adding Center TJ McCoy from UF? NOT because he's any good, but he's a Grad Transfer (doesn't have to sit out a year) & he would be able to give us valuable intel on what to expect from UF's offense for the season opener. He would literally be able to point out on film exact plays, protections, signals, audibles & everything. And yes I'm aware Mullen will change most of that stuff by the time 8/31 comes around but the Offense would remain the same.

I know, you don't accept a transfer just because of 1 game, but it's UF... A game we cannot afford to lose & while I believe we 100% can/will beat them without him, I would at least kick the tires & see...

And I admit, it's probably a dumb idea & don't expect it to happen, just thinkin how dope it would be if we knew all their plays beforehand lol

Advertisement
Back