247 Transfer Portal

Not sure about the Ufag dude
But a few others....sure

I’m not sure now the schollies count and where we are right now, who knows??

Advertisement
I’m liking your thought process El, it would behoove us to take a look at McCoy, I mean why not? We have a new OL coach who’s coached in the league prior to coming to Miami. If he feels he doesn’t have the talent nor depth to compete and get us to a minimum of 10 wins in 2019, by all means go secure some more talent via the portal. Sounds like we could get 2yrs out of TJ which would be great especially if the younger OL guys still need to be deprogrammed and taught back up from scratch. Who knows he might become a starter or worse quality depth AND help in the game planning versus the hated Gayturds. I’m all for this line of thinking especially with our low numbers players wise, it would help us get closer to 85 in total and add way more depth than we have currently. I’m all for this thought process - go ahead and grab Proctor as well. Not a single Canes fan can honestly say they feel comfortable with what we have in-house currently starting and providing quality backup duties to the starters.

WR Carmoni Green from Miami Central
OLB/DE Guy Thomas from BTW
LB Nadarius ***an from Southridge

There's a sh*t ton of Illinois & Pen St players in the portal lol

If we add anybody else I would hope we go after RJ Proctor from UVA, he was a legit starter for them at LG & was graded by PFF with a 85.7 in pass protection (which is really good). Plus, he wouldn't have to sit out this year, he's a Junior GT.

A question I got for yall is would you consider adding Center TJ McCoy from UF? NOT because he's any good, but he's a Grad Transfer (doesn't have to sit out a year) & he would be able to give us valuable intel on what to expect from UF's offense for the season opener. He would literally be able to point out on film exact plays, protections, signals, audibles & everything. And yes I'm aware Mullen will change most of that stuff by the time 8/31 comes around but the Offense would remain the same.

I know, you don't accept a transfer just because of 1 game, but it's UF... A game we cannot afford to lose & while I believe we 100% can/will beat them without him, I would at least kick the tires & see...

And I admit, it's probably a dumb idea & don't expect it to happen, just thinkin how dope it would be if we knew all their plays beforehand lol

Díaz was Mullen’s DC for 2-3 years and coached against it in practice for years, so he knows that offense in and out.

Advertisement
This portal getter crazier by the minute, Bru McCoy 5 star signee and earlier enrollee at USC just hit the portal. Less than 2 weeks and he leaving, coach must have promised him that coach was not leaving.

This portal getter crazier by the minute, Bru McCoy 5 star signee and earlier enrollee at USC just hit the portal. Less than 2 weeks and he leaving, coach must have promised him that coach was not leaving.
Sucks the kid just signed and hes gonna have to sit a year.

Just was browsing and saw Marcus Lewis is in there. This kid getting his ****** doctorate or something? Feels like we were recruiting him in 2006.

Advertisement
For Ezzard it would be tough, but for people that have played like Campbell, especially if they are grad transfers, they should re-rank them. No way Campbell should still be a 5 star and Kennedy not be ranked. Not to mention how KJ Osborn has no right still being called a 2 star player. Make Campbell a 3 star and Kennedy/Osborn high 3 or 4 star players. Even players like Phillips should probably go from a high 5 star to a high 4 star/low 5 star. He wouldn't drop as much because his issues were injuries and not skill like Campbell.

With players like Ezzard who redshirted they should stay the same, unless something happened to change their minds. Even players that barely saw the field because of certain reasons can stay relatively the same like Bubba Bolden and Tate. But in those cases in-game minutes and spring games/practices should factor into if they should bump or lower a ranking. It would take time and effort by the 247 staff, similar to the recruiting section.

Otherwise I could do this list is 5 min on 247, just put all the transfers on a list saying what schools they are transferring from and to. They made it seem like this was going to be a new feature where they were putting in a ton of work that can only be found on 247 like their recruiting section.

Here's the weird thing about "ranking" players in the portal.

Rivals always claimed that "stars" were not a reflection of some prediction of playing ability, but should somehow correlate to how heavily a player is recruited. Even so, there will always be a problem "rating" transfer players in 2 categories - first, if a player immediately transfers (KJ Osborn to Miami) without going through a lengthy re-recruiting phase, it is hard to know what kind of offers they coulda/woulda/shoulda had. Second, even if stars were based on "projected ability", how would you re-rank a player like Fields or Martell, who have barely played in college.

So you are left with either using the HS projection, or trying to update based on displayed collegiate ability (thus, Jalen Hurts should be a 5-star transfer, even if he was a 2-star HS recruit). Regardless, it is an imperfect ranking system for transfers. Taken to its logical extreme, you could argue that the USC kid who was an early signee, but now wants to go to Texas, should still have the same ranking as he did when he was in HS. And at the other end of the spectrum, Jalen Hurts' ranking should be based solely on what he did at Alabama.

Everyone in between those two, on the ranking spectrum? Who knows.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I know, you don't accept a transfer just because of 1 game, but it's UF...

Are you kidding?

I’d accept a baseball bat to the side of the head if it meant an even slightly better chance of beating UF.

So...why not. I doubt it’d happen, but I’d love it, if only for the big fūck you it would send to the turds.

Fūck those motherfūckers, I fūcking hate them.

Advertisement
Back