13. Miami
14. Oregon
15. Michigan
16. Oklahoma
17. UT
18. Unc
19. Stanford
20. Ucla

Jc shurburtt at 247 said that if miami doesn't start winning soon they may never get back to being elite.

I agree with him miami doesn't have the fan base and facilities that other program does so they have to get recruits by good coaching and winning.

Some of you are talking about 6 years but he will have to have at least 2 or 3 10+ wins in that time to draw recruits.

I by the way think this is a very good class not elite. Next year i think golden has a chance at a elite class with gibson, ridley, sbb, johnson, cole, irvin etc.

Advertisement
I agree with you, but look out the cheerleaders will be here soon to tell you all about how Al Golden is doing a good job wait

I agree with you, but look out the cheerleaders will be here soon to tell you all about how Al Golden is doing a good job wait

He's doing a good job recruiting. If you think otherwise, please keep your posting to the football board.

This site has widely criticized both his gameday coaching and, to a greater extent, D'Onofrio's coaching.

No one is really arguing the second point. Idiots are arguing the first one.

If by 'Top 20 jobs for recruiting' they mean 'Top 20 easiest recruiting jobs'....then I agree with the top 5. Miami should be much lower, because its hard as **** to recruit south florida well with all the snakes and characters around here like Genron, Goetz, local coaches on SEC payrolls, etc.

Advertisement

He's doing a good job recruiting. If you think otherwise, please keep your posting to the football board.

This site has widely criticized both his gameday coaching and, to a greater extent, D'Onofrio's coaching.

Yeah let's not talk about how our coaches are recruiting on the recruiting board, genius.

We've had classes ranked in the 20's for 3 out of the last 4 years. That's not good enough.

bs. Miami will always have a chance to be good b/c there isn't a more fertile recruiting ground w/in a 75 mile radius of the campus anywhere else in the country.

Yeah let's not talk about how our coaches are recruiting on the recruiting board, genius.

We've had classes ranked in the 20's for 3 out of the last 4 years. That's not good enough.

Serious question for you: what were your expectations for this coaching staff over the past 3-4 years with the turnover on the coaching staff and the very real threat of severe NCAA sanctions?

This is Al's 3rd legit recruiting class, and should be his 2nd top 10 class (at the very least).

Last edited:
Florida State should be #1. They have state school pull, huge alumni base, FAMU, more positive media than any school in America thanks to Bowden era, and they are immediately the #1-3 option for kids as far south as Miami well up into Georgia. You have to ***** up really bad to not land a top 10 class @ FSU.

Advertisement

He's done a good job recruiting under the cloud..but now that the cloud is gone its time to take it to a new level or GTFO

Then there are the dirtbag fans who are not even qualified to have the Miami coaching job acting like they have all the answers. If you want to blame somebody blame yourselves, you had every chance to be a major college coach but you were not driven enough to do a job your so passionate about. If you fools were critiqued about your jobs the way Al is you would be screaming like little *******. All the *****ing in the world will not make Al do anything different and yet you fans whine and cry like children. If Al is fired in the future apply for the job,if not shut the **** up!

Advertisement
If by 'Top 20 jobs for recruiting' they mean 'Top 20 easiest recruiting jobs'....then I agree with the top 5. Miami should be much lower, because its hard as **** to recruit south florida well with all the snakes and characters around here like Genron, Goetz, local coaches on SEC payrolls, etc.

Goetz is one of the biggest street agents down here. Genron is a close second. This crap needs to be cleaned up

"Jc shurburtt at 247 said that if miami doesn't start winning soon they may never get back to being elite."

You lost me after reading this.

That's a pathetic list.

OSU 2
ND 9
PSU 10
UT 17

Those are all ******* ridiculous.

And anyone saying Miami may 'never' be elite again loses all cred instantly. As long as Miami is in a power conference, there's an advantage that few programs in the country can match. **** coaching can't be overcome. Watch what happens to Bama if they ***** up the hire after Saban leaves, or TAMU after Sumlin. Put a killer in charge down in Coral Gables, and UM is easily a top 5 place to recruit.

Advertisement
Florida State should be #1. They have state school pull, huge alumni base, FAMU, more positive media than any school in America thanks to Bowden era, and they are immediately the #1-3 option for kids as far south as Miami well up into Georgia. You have to ***** up really bad to not land a top 10 class @ FSU.

Texas is hands down the best in the country. When they have a competent coach, they have the pick of the litter from one of the top 3 talent producing states in the country plus all the money they could ever need, facilities, etc...

Texas is hands down the best in the country. When they have a competent coach, they have the pick of the litter from one of the top 3 talent producing states in the country plus all the money they could ever need, facilities, etc...

You could make an argument for either. I'd take FSU but obviously your point has a ton of merit.

This. Texas is the #1 program. Money, facilities, local recruits (the entire Big12 waits for UT's leftovers). Mack Brown should be ashamed of himself. With all this, he had 1 NC in 16 years. With a real HC, UT could be a powerhouse.

You could make an argument for either. I'd take FSU but obviously your point has a ton of merit.

I can't see FSU and that's not hatred either.

North Florida for the most part is Gator region as is the central florida area. Miami when they're good has south florida. For FSU to be good they have to not only compete with UF and Miami but they also have to reach into regions with other powerhouses (Bama, Georgia, Louisiana, etc.) to remain at the top. That's not a situation many coaches would succeed in.

Look no further than the mid to late 80's. FSU came up because UF was on probation then in the 90's Miami got on probation so they could stack talent. That 12-20 year period is the only period FSU has ever been elite. And of course you have now when Miami has been down for an extended period and UF is on a 5-year downturn.

Advertisement
Back