247 sports Miami: 2014's Best at NFTC

IHATETHISPLACE

Thunderdome
http://247sports.com/Article/Chris-Lammons-Khairi-Clark-Dalvin-Cook-Joseph-Yearby-121720

First up, we take a look at the top performers from the class of 2014 with the class of 2015 to come Monday.

1. Chris Lammons, CB/ATH, Plantation
The 5-foot-10, 172-pound Lammons first burst onto the scene in February at the South Florida Express tryouts, and continued his fast ascent on Sunday. The high school quarterback with offers from Miami, Florida, Florida State, Alabama, Ole Miss and others continues to prove that he may be the top cornerback prospect in the Sunshine State due to a physical mentality, very quick feet, explosive burst and the ability to turn and run in an attached manner.

(Please don't copy and paste full articles. Copy the first few sentences than leave a link. - Andrew)

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
I was out there this afternoon. Pretty good summation, but Shawn Burgess-Becker (2015) and Travis Rudolph should be on that list.

- Burgess-Becker is not a burner but tracked the ball beautifully and boxed out like a power forward. Big, physical receiver who will be recruited by everyone. And I hate to say it, but Rudolph is a player. Cat-quick and very coordinated. He's a better receiver than I expected.

- Eduoard was pretty good. He had the best release at the event and threw the prettiest ball. He also had the strongest arm, along with Nico Pierre of Coral Reef. I was impressed with his ability to put RPMs on his intermediate stuff. Overall, he carried himself with confidence and spent a lot of time with uncommitted receivers. He made sure to take almost all of his reps with Burgess-Becker, JoJo Robinson or Steve Ismael.

- Ismael went up and over several corners and caught a few long passes from Eduoard. Not the quickest guy but very good ball skills.

- Johnnie Dixon is a very good route runner and has speed. Pretty well-built, too. He arrived wearing a Gator jacket.

From all accounts, it really sounds like Dixon wants to leave town. Intruiged to see what KC McD decides in 2 weeks. Are we on this Yeargin kid?

Advertisement
From all accounts, it really sounds like Dixon wants to leave town. Intruiged to see what KC McD decides in 2 weeks. Are we on this Yeargin kid?

Yeargin not yet he will camp tho, Dixon is going to UF as of right now and McDermott is looking strong for UM i think this ND stuff is a smoke screen. Golden is going to have to pull out all the stops to get a kid from Dwyer and Jack Daniels..

Fyi, on Wilson

"I thought he really struggled moving through the DB drills for someone that insists he's a cornerback. For comparison, Randy Ramsey, a 6-foot-3, 205-pound safety that may very well grow into a LB, had much better footwork and was more fluid than Wilson in the same drills.

Wilson had some struggles staying attached during his 7on7 and 1on1 reps that I saw. He came up with an interception in 7on7, but if the pass wasn't under thrown it would have been a TD since the WR had the step on him.

He is not a cornerback at the next level, he doesn't have the quick twitch needed for that position."

Advertisement
I hope Lammons keeps that love for the U that he showed at the beginning of this process.

Advertisement
Back