247 is going in on blake james and the admin (new article just dropped)

So Mario should’ve been recruiting qbs for Oregon when he was at Bama? I mean people are saying he’s been at Oregon six years lol . His first year there was 2017 ( assistant ) that was Willies offense and he chose the qb’s. He took over as Hc in 2018. Who needs facts though.?

I think people aren't saying his lack of recruiting. they're bringing up how the QBs he has/had have played in his offenses. frankly, it doesn't impress me but that's a stylistic thing. Liberty has brought some of this up. no one is saying he can't recruit a QB. he had Herbert and he underperformed on O with him.

look we don't all have to agree on Mario. frankly, id pass but we don't have a shot in **** at anyone better so it is what it is. hes gonna get paid a ton of money here and he can't be going 3-4 losses into year 3 with that salary. hes gonna get banners flown bc this fan base doesn't have patience no matter what you'd like to believe.

id prefer to stay the **** away from a Miami coach or Miami guy. no zo no Mario. give me a competent AD who has done the job before well and let him conduct the search and hiring. I don't need 1400 old guys who are trying to recreate the 80s.

Advertisement
Depends, but most certainly this kind of stuff I'm a penny pincher on. I value money and something I'm going to just wear around the house, outside, sporting, etc.... give me the sale. No shame in being frugal.
pricing has been gross by all companies for the crap that's put out. I have shorts where all the logos are screen printed and peeling lol. they're just house clothing so it doesn't matter.

Zo and Mario 305 tandem would be a kiss of death. When are we going to learn to stay tf away from Miami connections?
I understand the concern but Mario is a very qualified coach. And most ppl assume that Zo would be AD of Football and not all sports. (and yes many programs have ADs that handle just one sport.) In this case we would be dumb to ignore Mario whom most of the country would love to have.

At this point Blake has run out of boxes to check in order to get fired and is inventing new boxes yet remains untouchable at Miami. This is genuinely insanity. The University of Miami isn't a school, it's an insane asylum. WTF is going on??!?!?!
There are countries in the midst of upheavals and coups that are run better than this school. Absolute Banana Republic.

Advertisement
I understand the concern but Mario is a very qualified coach. And most ppl assume that Zo would be AD of Football and not all sports. (and yes many programs have ADs that handle just one sport.) In this case we would be dumb to ignore Mario whom most of the country would love to have.
many programs? name them. why can't we just hire a competent AD to run it all. it really isn't hard.

Always the contrarian
Nah. Jordan **** is ugly asf if it’s not the retro. That’s fact. It’s hype. Especially football ****. Ppl in love with a **** logo. Adidas football brand is bigger than Jordan. **** last I checked ( like 2018) adidas outsells Jordan in sneakers as well..we was mediocre in Nike..won rings in champion..and are mediocre in adidas..brands don’t mean ****. It’s the bag they are willing to throw that matters..maybe the jumpman logo will give UF the edge vs UGA

My biggest fear is Mario turning them down. That means there’ll be another search rather than having a layup. Which is possible.

This. If they want to pony up cash to lure Mario and make him a competitive offer for his services and agreement to hire a good staff with funds, commit to improving the infrastructure of the program, etc., fine. No issues - probably a safe move. But, does anyone here think this BOT motley crew can run an exhaustive coaching/AD search?

Nah. Jordan **** is ugly asf if it’s not the retro. That’s fact. It’s hype. Especially football ****. Ppl in love with a **** logo. Adidas football brand is bigger than Jordan. **** last I checked ( like 2018) adidas outsells Jordan in sneakers as well..we was mediocre in Nike..won rings in champion..and are mediocre in adidas..brands don’t mean ****. It’s the bag they are willing to throw that matters..maybe the jumpman logo will give UF the edge vs UGA
Lol; literally nothing u’re saying is a fact.

1. Adidas is a bigger FUTBOL brand, not football brand

2. Adidas sells have dropped….

U know what, feel how u feel youngin. I mean, I seen ur Bill O’Brien thread, so I’ll just let u do u.

Advertisement
Lol; literally nothing u’re saying is a fact.

1. Adidas is a bigger FUTBOL brand, not football brand

2. Adidas sells have dropped….

U know what, feel how u feel youngin. I mean, I seen ur Bill O’Brien thread, so I’ll just let u do u.
Outside of the ultraboost shoe which is way overpriced I can’t name a product I like over Nike.

I will put some credence to what Cristobal is doing at Oregon, but lets be real, he will have different tyoe of athletes to choose from here. He is not at USC. They have money but doesn't have the pull or recruiting base to build a overall team that we can here. He ticked one of my major boxes. Defeat an opponent thats better, he does that.

As you can see, once a coach shows that he has the basic competence, then we can look at players he does or doesnt have. Look st Dabo for example, not having the worldie QB's and now they are mortal in the ACC. The problem with Diaz is basic competence and fundamentals seems to be beyond him to be able to instill in the team, regardless of the talent or lack of.

false. this isn't a legal term, but a business term. very simple. if anyone makes more per year than us, we get adjusted upwards to match their deal. i'm sure this term was a highly negotiated point. he's the business guy, he's the one that should know what his competitors are doing and what deals they are striking. he's at fault. it's his contract.
Agree, you cant expect the legal team to keep track of new athletic apparel contracts at other schools. You **** sure should know whats going on and what the current market for something like that is as an athletic director though. Especially what your conference rivals are getting vs what your contract is.

Lake followed up his story of yesterday with a podcast discussion today. He talks about Blake James and his reputation not only within the Miami program but outside in the coaching community.

He discusses the relationship between Blake and Mario Cristobal AND the split within the BOT on support for both of these people.

He also goes all in on the influence Diaz Sr. has on a number of the BOT members. He mentions a number of things that have been discussed here to some degree; ie the reluctance of some BOT to fire Manny due to the influence of Diaz Sr. and what the possible scenarios could be if 1) Canes lose this weekend at Pitt; 2) if Manny wins out....

Will the BOT get rid of Manny AND Blake if the team loses this weekend and the decision is made to remove Manny immediately? The biggest issue seems to be who would run a coaching search IF both are fired immediately? He does make mention that it is unlikely that anyone WANTS Blake James involved in any kind of coaching search due to all the reasons we all know....

He doesn't touch on any of the rumor about moves allegedly being made behind the scenes in terms of both a new AD and coach. He does leave it open for people to comment on the 247 board about the whole subject. I'm sure that will be brought up there.

Advertisement
Lake followed up his story of yesterday with a podcast discussion today. He talks about Blake James and his reputation not only within the Miami program but outside in the coaching community.

He discusses the relationship between Blake and Mario Cristobal AND the split within the BOT on support for both of these people.

He also goes all in on the influence Diaz Sr. has on a number of the BOT members. He mentions a number of things that have been discussed here to some degree; ie the reluctance of some BOT to fire Manny due to the influence of Diaz Sr. and what the possible scenarios could be if 1) Canes lose this weekend at Pitt; 2) if Manny wins out....

Will the BOT get rid of Manny AND Blake if the team loses this weekend and the decision is made to remove Manny immediately? The biggest issue seems to be who would run a coaching search IF both are fired immediately? He does make mention that it is unlikely that anyone WANTS Blake James involved in any kind of coaching search due to all the reasons we all know....

He doesn't touch on any of the rumor about moves allegedly being made behind the scenes in terms of both a new AD and coach. He does leave it open for people to comment on the 247 board about the whole subject. I'm sure that will be brought up there.
That was a good Pod. I laughed at the end when he asked for anyone that might know some things or background info to hit him up.

Does he know who Cribby is?

Lake has been keeping the heat on but my question is what kind of connections does he have to be able to get some of his info or is he just putting 2 & 2 together (as many are on here).

Why Sr has so much influence is beyond me.

Advertisement
Ya’ll are killing me with this sneaker stuff on this thread. I love Jordan’s. I own at least 20 pairs that I rotate including my Orange & White mid Jordan 11s that I wear on game days. But ya’ll need to create a shoe thread, please!!!

Oh No Please GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

Last edited:
Similar to Manny being here for 6 years and haven't figured out LBs... his

I keep saying there’s too much politics and too many agendas. No leadership or direction,

"One more interesting note on Blake James: Back in 2017, Louisville signed a deal with Adidas that was good for ten years and worth $160 million. At that time, Miami’s contract with Adidas had a clause that UM must be “the most highly compensated Adidas university both in ACC and the state of Florida, as measured solely by the annual average contract year of all ‘guaranteed compensation.’” That Louisville deal was worth more annually than Miami’s 12-year deal, which was signed back in 2015. James did not know that clause was in Miami’s agreement with Adidas until somebody outside of the program with knowledge of the deal informed him. James quickly reached out to Adidas, who bumped Miami’s annual pay."

This program deserves to burn. Run by bums.
Well....it all started with the Clinton Crony Shalala, though I doubt it was because she was not doing her due diligence by not enforcing the OB lease that required the City to keep the OB up to par.

Advertisement
Back