247 is going in on blake james and the admin (new article just dropped)

New AD is hired. Rehaul of AD to have a head of football, basketball, and baseball operations (I suspect there might be an “other”) and those positions would hire/fire staffs and overall responsibility of the programs.

Tifwiw but that’s the latest rumor. My guess is that Gino is the front runner for the AD gig. Because Miami.
So each program to have a sub-director? Lol

Advertisement
People still don’t get it.

Everything is becoming more and more specialized. If you want to run a specific system, you HAVE TO be able to identify AND acquire talent with the critical skills to run that system. If you fail to acquire those skills, you have to adjust the system to the talent you did acquire.

Square pegging talent is done for. Trash coaches are unwilling, unable, or too slow to do this. Outlier talents develop themselves. Everyone else is a slave to their situation. Not understanding this is the difference between winners and losers.

If your system is flawed, you won’t be able to accurately assess what you actually have.
What system can't Mahomes run? Besides the Triple Option.

Man I just don't believe this administration has the stones to change the AD and the HC the same year. Hope I'm wrong. Thats a lot of work and If this administration has proven one thing beyond a doubt is that they are incredibly lazy.
My guess and its only a guess is that we change the AD and deal with the HC next year. I hope I am wrong.

Advertisement
New AD is hired. Rehaul of AD to have a head of football, basketball, and baseball operations (I suspect there might be an “other”) and those positions would hire/fire staffs and overall responsibility of the programs.

Tifwiw but that’s the latest rumor. My guess is that Gino is the front runner for the AD gig. Because Miami.
I don't believe for a minute this administration is competent enough to have run a thorough AD search without anyone getting wind of it.

I know this is a football board, but I had to share this Futbol story. Notice the two comments.

tar-tar31.gif

I think Flake is a bum, but lots of the time conference schedule is out of their hands
Oh I agree; it’s just funny how he’s catching heat all over & has yet another failed athletic program.

We’ll find out how true any of that is in January when he’s offered the job.

One thing that gets overlooked in all these discussions (mainly amongst our fans) is that it’s up to Mario if he actually wants to come to Miami, a lot of our fans assume he’d be on first private jet smoking back to Coral Gables, but until he actually does it I think it’s a mistake to assume that he will...

Just as much as people are sure he’s coming here, he could very well sign an extension at the end of the season for more money if Oregon wins another PAC-12 title which they are in line to do pretty easily again.

Also, if it’s pretty clear he wouldn’t wanna work under Snake James (which I don’t know a human on Earth who would) the fact Miami is taking it’s slow time with moving on from Snake James doesn’t really help in our favor. Like I get not firing Manuel Diaz until the end of the season, or at least until we’re officially eliminated from the Coastal, but there’s really no reason to keep Snake James employed as of now, there’s nothing he does that requires for him to be needed as head of the athletics department until December/January.

If you’re someone of influence on the BOT & you’re attempting to entice Mario back to Miami wouldn’t it be more feasible for you to show him you’re serious by getting a jump start on the next AD hire? Or, you could essentially use it as a bargaining chip in negotiation, you could present it to Mario as an opportunity to basically pick his own AD, something that would never happen in any other situation for a HC.
That would require leadership that we don't have.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back