247 has lost their **** mind

My Dad talked to an ex student of his that walked on to that Penn State team, and the kid told him "they took mercy on us, they could have named the score"
Yeah I know a few guys that played on that team. Paterno basically said at halftime if its not in a white jersey just try to hit it. One of the LB's I know said he went into his back pedal and it felt like everyone was already past him. The game was moving at a speed they couldnt even begin to practice. Every time I thought I had an angle it didnt matter. Their back up TE played special teams and he said kickoffs felt like pure chaos. You were looking for someone to hit or block but they were bigger and faster so if you could get a lick in they trucked you and if you thought you had a beat on them they blew by you.

Advertisement
It’s facts, go look at what teams were averaging in scoring 20 years ago, plus teams were built to run and stop the run for the most part
Yet Miami beat their opponents by an average of 33.8 points to 2020 Bama's 30.3.

Bama is still not better.

Advertisement
Bull****.

2001 Miami defense allowed 9.75 points per game.
2020 Bama defense allowed 19.45 points per game.

Bama allowed both Ole Miss and Florida to score > 45 points (48, 46)
Miami allowed only 3 teams to score more than 20 (Pitt 21, FSU 27, VT 24)

2001 Miami > 2020 Bama.
Spot on.

That miami team gave up less than 10 per game. Nobody could score on them.

Bama was nowhere close to 01 miami.

It’s facts, go look at what teams were averaging in scoring 20 years ago, plus teams were built to run and stop the run for the most part
Look at what that miami team scored per game vs 20 bama. Miami was putting up modern offensive numbers in a completely different era.

01 miami beats that bama team by 2 scores minimum.

Advertisement
If we’re taking off points for coaching then should LSU be #1? It’s a similar situation.
L$U was aggressive, though.

Coker was trying to be a nice guy. He spared Paterno one of PSU’s worst home losses ever. Coasted the second half after a 30-0 halftime lead. Later in the season, after the Canes beat Syracuse and Washington 124-7 combined, the Canes took a lot of heat for RUTS. Coker was sensitive to the criticism and nearly blew the VT game and a NC by thinking a 20-3 halftime lead was enough.

34-0 at the half was enough for the Rose Bowl, but Coker should have played aggressive regardless, to offset the pair of TDs Nebraska scored.

As Jimmy Johnson once said, paraphrasing, “we‘ll quit when you quit”.

I think a more accurate quote is “we’ll quit blitzing when you quit trying to score”, after a Cowboys blowout win over the Jets. The Cowboys were blitzing late in the game, and JJ gave zero fvcks about the criticism.

Last edited:
Look at what that miami team scored per game vs 20 bama. Miami was putting up modern offensive numbers in a completely different era.

01 miami beats that bama team by 2 scores minimum.
Lol I said nothing about that Miami team wouldn’t beat Bama, that was not the topic

Advertisement
Back