247 ARTICLE ON STRENGTH COACH FEELEY

Advertisement
If you are that cluessless as to what a hardworkers is WTF are you using. Just because a player works hard doesnt mean he's going to be the best on the field but rosier damyum show outworked those other young qb's in the things that would give any oc/headcoach a level of comfort that he at least knew the offensive knowledge enuff to attempt to execute the plays called and understand defensive coverages. You dont become the starting middle linebacker as a True freshman by being lucky, but ill stop here cause you need to revamp your way of thinking!
WTF does that even mean he he has a comfort level to execute the plays and understand the coverages? Did you not watch the games? Clearly he doesn’t. He ended his career on a 7 game losing streak to power 5 schools and pretty much all were blowouts. His last game he had more interceptions than completions at halftime.

Yet we had another QB on the roster who was 4-2 all against conference and Power 5 schools. Join the cheerleading squad.

I can tell you havent seen Shaq lately if you dont think he's in excellent shape. What a complete joke.

The hate on him is bizarre. Frosh All-American then All-ACC as a Soph and Jr. And he led the ACC linebackers in TFL last year.

Same thing with Pinckney. He worked his *** off to get in better shape as a Jr, and graded out as the best coverage LB in the ACC.

Are they physical freaks? No. But both have gotten in much better shape since 2016 and had very productive college careers. Just because a guy isnt DJ Williams doesnt mean he doesnt work hard
All ACC is a joke to begin with. If these guys were that good they wouldn’t be here for their senior years. They had no choice. They would’ve been Norton all over again. I don’t know what they look like now and I’m hoping they turn into what we all think they can but anyone who knows football knows they haven’t gotten that much better since they’ve been here. I know it’s tough to digest that being a little fanboy but the metrics support it. Again I hope they become All Americans and will be rooting for it.

Nothing makes these guys more miserable than positive news about the program they allegedly love.

I’m thinking that 2 out of the 3 slow AF linebackers will be in the league for a few years. Also, almost every game we’ve lost the last three years has been because of putrid offense. But let’s be miserable and cackle like hens about the LBs. Nobody is saying they’re perfect, but they’re not slow AF either

Advertisement
I’m thinking that 2 out of the 3 slow AF linebackers will be in the league for a few years. Also, almost every game we’ve lost the last three years has been because of putrid offense. But let’s be miserable and cackle like hens about the LBs. Nobody is saying they’re perfect, but they’re not slow AF either

The ridiculous idea that these 3 LBs are slow, or not that good, is typical of so many Miami fans' evaluation/opinion of players from the last 25+ years. Players either come in with a certain amount of hype, or get here and show some skill or potential early in their careers, and are tagged as the next Warren Sapp, Ray Lewis, Santana Moss, Andre Johnson, Jeremy Shockey, Ed Reed, Clinton Portis, and on and on, and when the player doesn't quite reach the level of a guy who was elite here and/or in the NFL, our fans rip on the guy as being slow, or mediocre, etc.

A player can both be not as good as one of the great Canes, and yet, still a great player for Miami. While our teams have almost all fallen short of expectations the last 17 years, we've had some great players come through here that we often underappreciated because they fell short of often unrealistic expectations. Guys like Leonard Hankerson, Allen Hurns, Sean Spence, Denzel Perryman, Duke Johnson, and certainly Shaq and Pinckney, are all guys that have been good or great players for us. Are Shaq and Pinckney as good as Lewis, Morgan, Vilma or DJ? No, but those 2 guys have made a ton of big plays for us, been the leaders of our defense from the time they walked on campus, worked their asses off, and done nothing but act as great representatives for the school and team on and off the field. I just don't get calling these 2 guys out for much of anything.

The ridiculous idea that these 3 LBs are slow, or not that good, is typical of so many Miami fans' evaluation/opinion of players from the last 25+ years. Players either come in with a certain amount of hype, or get here and show some skill or potential early in their careers, and are tagged as the next Warren Sapp, Ray Lewis, Santana Moss, Andre Johnson, Jeremy Shockey, Ed Reed, Clinton Portis, and on and on, and when the player doesn't quite reach the level of a guy who was elite here and/or in the NFL, our fans rip on the guy as being slow, or mediocre, etc.

A player can both be not as good as one of the great Canes, and yet, still a great player for Miami. While our teams have almost all fallen short of expectations the last 17 years, we've had some great players come through here that we often underappreciated because they fell short of often unrealistic expectations. Guys like Leonard Hankerson, Allen Hurns, Sean Spence, Denzel Perryman, Duke Johnson, and certainly Shaq and Pinckney, are all guys that have been good or great players for us. Are Shaq and Pinckney as good as Lewis, Morgan, Vilma or DJ? No, but those 2 guys have made a ton of big plays for us, been the leaders of our defense from the time they walked on campus, worked their asses off, and done nothing but act as great representatives for the school and team on and off the field. I just don't get calling these 2 guys out for much of anything.

But it’s so much more fun for underachieving simpletons to pick up on the latest brain-dead CIS trope - this one being slow AF LBs - and run with that.

While an objective evaluation of these LBs can reveal areas of improvement needed, including even some mentioned here, it’s not the same as what you see these mush-brains repeat to each other here, in their short bus echo chamber. Our linebackers are generally very good (2 or even 3 will play in the league) but can get better.

I expect great things from them this year.

But it’s so much more fun for underachieving simpletons to pick up on the latest brain-dead CIS trope - this one being slow AF LBs - and run with that.

While an objective evaluation of these LBs can reveal areas of improvement needed, including even some mentioned here, it’s not the same as what you see these mush-brains repeat to each other here, in their short bus echo chamber. Our linebackers are generally very good (2 or even 3 will play in the league) but can get better.

I expect great things from them this year.

Absolutely agree. There have definitely been games where these LBs individually or as a unit haven't played up to their ability or standard. I don't have an issue with people evaluating a player's performance in a game or season and providing criticism where it's warranted. But, just because these guys haven't turned out to be the modern-day Bermuda Triangle doesn't mean that they are slow or they suck.

Lol at the people that say Player A is hardworking. What the **** does that even mean? Do we really know this cause in all honesty Shaq and Pinckney still look like they have some baby fat on them. As kids who have been in the program for 3 years they should be chiseled monsters and they are not. Was that due to the last strength staff, I’ll guess we’ll find out. But it’s stupid to say Player A is hard workings lol

You know who everyone said was a “hard worker” Rosier. How did that turn out?
For me conditioning was a problem. Guys looked winded in some games. Now I know the D was called on to be out their because our O sucked, but Gee was laying wood, and Shaq and Pink looked a little gassed. Hopefully Coach Feeley will have him pumped, conditioned and ready.

Advertisement
For me conditioning was a problem. Guys looked winded in some games. Now I know the D was called on to be out their because our O sucked, but Gee was laying wood, and Shaq and Pink looked a little gassed. Hopefully Coach Feeley will have him pumped, conditioned and ready.
I would be winded too when the offense goes 3 and out 80% of the drives. I get your point though. I’m just surprised Shaq still looks sloppy 3 years into college. Hopefully the both of them shed that weight and their speed increases.

I can tell you havent seen Shaq lately if you dont think he's in excellent shape. What a complete joke.

The hate on him is bizarre. Frosh All-American then All-ACC as a Soph and Jr. And he led the ACC linebackers in TFL last year.

Same thing with Pinckney. He worked his *** off to get in better shape as a Jr, and graded out as the best coverage LB in the ACC.

Are they physical freaks? No. But both have gotten in much better shape since 2016 and had very productive college careers. Just because a guy isnt DJ Williams doesnt mean he doesnt work hard
No one hates on good solid Canes harder than CIS.

We got a solid linebacking corp, not great, but they are a hardworking bunch and we can definitely roll with em. If we get more athletic at the linebacker positions, joyner looked real natural at linebacker and quicker than the guys in front of him. If we start getting better linebacker play, that's when this defense will become even more of a nightmare, the lack of athleticism is why our linebackers keep getting caught up in the wash on alot of power running plays.
No they get caught up because they aren’t very good at reading the play and instead they guess.

Advertisement
53889.gif

Lifting heavy gets you stronger throughout the season, Manny gets its, Feeley gets it, why tf Radio Richt dont get it?

Advertisement
If you are that cluessless as to what a hardworkers is WTF are you using. Just because a player works hard doesnt mean he's going to be the best on the field but rosier damyum show outworked those other young qb's in the things that would give any oc/headcoach a level of comfort that he at least knew the offensive knowledge enuff to attempt to execute the plays called and understand defensive coverages. You dont become the starting middle linebacker as a True freshman by being lucky, but ill stop here cause you need to revamp your way of thinking!
Reading that first sentence gave me diabetes

Advertisement
Back