24 Points against unc is PATHETIC

Advertisement
Going for it the 1 **** yd line isn’t “emotional) not being able to get it in from the 2 on a 1st n goal is on nobody but the players
That was the game right there.
That and the missed field goal.

At least they came to play today, so that was encouraging. We’ll see what team shows up next week.

Advertisement
Are opponents NOT allowed to adjust? Unc clearly cleaned something’s up. Especially up front..Miami had about 600 yards of total O. Miami Turned the ball over in the Redzone..Miami couldn’t get 3 yards on a 1st n goal situation..that’s 10-14 points the offense left on the board
Ok I'll continue to play this game. Here's what the rest of UNCs opponents have scored on them:

Georgia St: 28
ND: 45
VT: 10

Did UNC improve? Maybe... But I'm willing to bet that Duke next week will prove that hypothesis wrong. And yes I understand we can't get 3 yards on 1st and goal situations and our red zone offense stinks. That's a COACHING problem! If you know you're not running the ball well then pass the ball!

It's simple... our coaching staff is so stubborn that instead of changing their scheme/playcalling to match the team's strength we just bang our head against the wall and keep running the ball in the name of "toughness". We don't make things easy for the players to execute, this offense forces the players to execute at 100% to be successful and that's just not sustainable in today's game.

We had a ton of yards but the red zone performance remains weak. I'm grateful that we finally saw some tempo on offense and got TVD into a rhythm with pass plays he's comfortable with so there is some progress but the QB draws and other playcalls in the red zone are just truly baffling. Gattis has to improve big time in that area.

24 points is not good relative to what other "lesser" opponents have scored and given all the yardage gained. We didn't score only 24 points because UNC's defense improved, we simply didn't perform in the red zone and had some costly turnovers (like the Rooster fumble -- gotta have two hands firmly on the ball after easily making the first down; ball security should have been his #1 focus after getting the first down). We have weapons that we can use to score in the red zone (Smith, Young, Mallory, Skinner, Ladson and the run game). We're choosing to run QB draws on 3rd down in the red zone which have a zero (0%) chance of success against D1 LBs instead of throwing to our taller TE and WR. Mind blowing. That's on Mario and Gattis. Our red zone offense needs to improve materially -- like a complete overhaul of the current approach. Run less down there & throw more to the taller targets we have (who are serious mismatches for shorter players).

Advertisement
No doubt. That first third down, the first red zone, the knighton fumble. I’m sure I’m missing something. Andy missed field goal

Ok I'll continue to play this game. Here's what the rest of UNCs opponents have scored on them:

Georgia St: 28
ND: 45
VT: 10

Did UNC improve? Maybe... But I'm willing to bet that Duke next week will prove that hypothesis wrong. And yes I understand we can't get 3 yards on 1st and goal situations and our red zone offense stinks. That's a COACHING problem! If you know you're not running the ball well then pass the ball!

It's simple... our coaching staff is so stubborn that instead of changing their scheme/playcalling to match the team's strength we just bang our head against the wall and keep running the ball in the name of "toughness". We don't make things easy for the players to execute, this offense forces the players to execute at 100% to be successful and that's just not sustainable in today's game.
UNC improved in its Front 7 bottomline man. In ..this is the personnel who struggled in short yardage situations a year ago minus its best Olineman..it’s not an excuse just the reality of the situation..but y’all want it to be a Mario/maribol situation..it’s not that and I’ll ride on those 2
To get these current guys better and our future guys to be studs..our current guys got to be better..and that means recruit and develop..ppl pretend teams aren’t different week to week. The goal is to be as consistent as possible..and CLEARLY we aren’t that right now..
As for the bolded..that’s absolutely nonsensical..nobody executes 100% of the time..but you know what makes up those margins? Playmakers!!..no play gameplan is executed with perfection..our kids were in position to make plays and in crucial points of the game they came up short..same as the A&M game..aside from the MTSU that I put in a category on its own..these games have come to key execution..preseason honeymoon stage is over..this team/program is showing exactly what it has been/IS. This is a dose of reality that I don’t mind tbh. Just want to see improvement week over week

Advertisement
Talent is not there but there is definitely something wrong with this Offense. UNC’s Defense is trash and we can only muster up 24 points and run for 40 yards.

Advertisement
This is true.

They whooped the right side of that OL like they stole something.

But it’s ok. Scaife is a good kid and pillar in the community
I agree. Even if you lose your starting center, backup center, and starting right guard; You shouldn't get whooped that bad.

UNC improved in its Front 7 bottomline man. In ..this is the personnel who struggled in short yardage situations a year ago minus its best Olineman..it’s not an excuse just the reality of the situation..but y’all want it to be a Mario/maribol situation..it’s not that and I’ll ride on those 2
To get these current guys better and our future guys to be studs..our current guys got to be better..and that means recruit and develop..ppl pretend teams aren’t different week to week. The goal is to be as consistent as possible..and CLEARLY we aren’t that right now..
As for the bolded..that’s absolutely nonsensical..nobody executes 100% of the time..but you know what makes up those margins? Playmakers!!..no play gameplan is executed with perfection..our kids were in position to make plays and in crucial points of the game they came up short..same as the A&M game..aside from the MTSU that I put in a category on its own..these games have come to key execution..preseason honeymoon stage is over..this team/program is showing exactly what it has been/IS. This is a dose of reality that I don’t mind tbh. Just want to see improvement week over week
I'm not blaming mario/mirabal. I'm blaming gattis for running the ball so many times inside the 5 yd line when it was clear you weren't getting a push. A good coach recognizes that his team's shortcomings and adapts. He didn't, he just kept running the ball - That's a coaching problem

And I agree no one executes perfectly. But our offensive gameplan is forcing our players to do so in order to manufacture points. This same team was averaging 34 ppg last year. And that's because Lashlee's scheme is simplistic and our guys weren't thinking, they were just executing at a high level.

This scheme forces them to think which slows them down. This team could easily be 4-1/5-0 if we coached to our players' strengths and not tried to fit a square peg into a round hole.

1665278246973.png

Fireable offense to have the rushing game we did today.

1665278278047.png

Advertisement
Back